Classical Music Forum?

One could easily argue both sides of this coin (what next? - a blues forum? - and then a zydeco forum? - and then a...), but I too would really enjoy having a classical music forum (or sub-forum) of some sort around here.

I know an ironclad argument for having a classical forum clearly cannot be made -- never the less, I think such a forum would be quite welcome by a number of folks around here.

Perhaps put it to a vote? (a poll), and see what folks here think.

Or, better yet (I would argue), just do it and see what happens!

I propose a test period of 2 months -- where a classical forum (or sub-forum) is created, to see just what kind of conversations would be enabled as a result. Then if Jim doesn't think it was really necessary (or beneficial), then just collapse the newly created topics back into general music, and life goes on. Or keep it, because it turned out to be a good thing to have around here.

At least giving it a chance might produce some interesting results.

I think creating separate forums for all sorts of music would clutter the board and lead to fragmentation. Not a good idea in my view.

I totally agree.

I agree too. I understand that this is predominantly a jazz board, so it makes sense to have a "Misc. Music" forum to discuss anything other than jazz, but I hate to ghettoize other music genres beyond that.

I think creating separate forums for all sorts of music would clutter the board and lead to fragmentation. Not a good idea in my view.

I totally agree.

I agree too. I understand that this is predominantly a jazz board, so it makes sense to have a "Misc. Music" forum to discuss anything other than jazz, but I hate to ghettoize other music genres beyond that.

I'm easy, I can either way, but I lean towards RDK's view.

I will say over the past year I've been buying & listening to more classical music, even craving it on some days. So thanks to y'all for the threads & recs. :tup