Did you see this?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...amp;image=large

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

I saw that and thought those quotes were really sad. Especially: "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Maybe I just don't understand killing ...

What does "canned hunt" mean?

This was probably on some humongo ranch where these feral guys run around and the proprietors feed them quite well. Shooting fish in a barrel, no?

Maybe that Hogzilla movie will be directed by Peter Greenaway and them good old boys will get their due.

Yes - they do that sort of thing in southern Africa, too; particularly Zimbabwe. The "hunters", mostly American, I understand, are put in front of the prey, all for the sake of foreign exchange.

MG

Also, canned hunting is when an animal is kept on a preserve or even a pen, fenced all around, without a fair chance of survival.

sidebar: I read a while back that there is now actual hunting via computer.

These methods are nothing but satisfying bloodlust, not sport, IMO.

Edited by MoGrubb

'Monster Pig' was raised on Ala. farm, sold days before boy shot him

Evening update

Associated Press

FRUITHURST, Ala. — The huge hog that became known as "Monster Pig" after being killed by an 11-year-old boy had another name: Fred.

Far from feral, the pig had been raised on an Alabama farm and was sold to the Lost Creek Plantation just four days before it was shot there in a 150-acre fenced area, the animal's former owner said.

Phil Blissitt told The Anniston Star in a story Friday that he bought the 6-week-old pig in December 2004 as a Christmas gift for his wife, Rhonda, and that they sold it after deciding to get rid of all the pigs at their farm.

"I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig," Rhonda Blissitt said.

Jamison Stone shot the huge hog during what he and his father described as a three-hour chase. They said it was more than 1,000 pounds and 9 feet long; if anything, it looked even bigger in a now-famous photo of the hunter and the hunted.

"We were told that it was a feral hog," Mike Stone told the Star, "and we hunted it on the pretense that it was a feral hog."

Telephone messages left Friday with Eddy Borden, the owner of Lost Creek Plantation, were not immediately returned.

The Blissitts said they didn't know the hog was Fred until they were contacted by a game warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. The agency determined that no laws were violated in the hunt.

Phil Blissitt said he became irritated when he learned that some thought the photo of Fred was doctored.

"That was a big hog," he said.

I guess a lot of people haven't caught on to Photoshop yet. BTW, these people tried to get more mileage out of their little hoax by producing tape of a skull. Well, the skull was not photoshopped, but it was as clean as white plastic.

I hope none of y'all even believe in this a little bit. :)

I guess a lot of people haven't caught on to Photoshop yet. BTW, these people tried to get more mileage out of their little hoax by producing tape of a skull. Well, the skull was not photoshopped, but it was as clean as white plastic.

I hope none of y'all even believe in this a little bit. :)

Well I did - it reinforced all the usual stereotypes of Americans :)

MG