EDDY LOUISS

I see no mentions of Eddy here !

He has a very personnal approach, and his style is easy to identify... He is not active any more in France, because of alcohol problems, but I hope to see him again on stage !

Louiss2.jpg

He started as a trumpet and piano player and first became famous singing with the Double Six of Paris.

Then he played with Kenny Clarke, René Thomas, Jean-Luc Ponty, Jimmy Gourley, Stéphane Grappelli, etc.

A few albums to recommend ?

- Eddy Louiss trio (CD Dreyfus Jazz) :

058501.jpgB00002R0OF.08._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

- Orgue vol.1 aka Bohemia After Dark (CD Gitanes Jazz/Universal Jazz France) :

048086.jpg403942.jpg

- Orgue vol.2 (LP only) :

025702.jpg

- HLP - Humair Louiss Ponty (various pressings availables) (CDs Dreyfus Jazz) :

HLPTrio_web.jpg

"Alcohol problems"?

Does this mean that he's gravely ill as a result of prolonged over-consumption or that he's crossed over to the dark side where your demons finally take over all the way?

He is not really ill, but he drinks too much, it makes him be ill-natured... He lives in the dark, never works his instrument, etc.

He has no more self-confidence and lost the motivation to play, but a few friends of mine visit him and play with him (after having cleaned the dust on the organ) !

Anyway Eddy is still the best in France !!!

• 4 weeks later...

A few albums to recommend ?

- Orgue vol.1 aka Bohemia After Dark (CD Gitanes Jazz/Universal Jazz France) :

048086.jpg403942.jpg

- Orgue vol.2 (LP only) :

025702.jpg

That Gitanes CD , Bohemia After Dark is actually a reissue of Orgue Vol. 2 not Vol. 1 . Orgue Vol. 1 did come out on CD in 1988 . The CD used the Orgue Vol. 1 cover and contained all of Orgue Vol. 1 plus three of the six cuts from Orgue Vol. 2 ( odd , because all of Vol. 2 would have easily fit ) . I have that CD , and all I can say is , if you like Bohemia After Dark you will want to get your hands on this old CD ( easier said than done I'm afraid ) .

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Our Kind of Sabi (MPS, 1970) with John Surman, Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen and Daniel Humair.

Strongly recommended

Eddie_Louis_-_Our_Kind_of_Sabi.jpg

thank you. Listening for the first time now. very strong. As a surman fan, it's nice to come across a session i didn't know existed

Our Kind of Sabi (MPS, 1970) with John Surman, Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen and Daniel Humair.

Strongly recommended

Eddie_Louis_-_Our_Kind_of_Sabi.jpg

thank you. Listening for the first time now. very strong. As a surman fan, it's nice to come across a session i didn't know existed

Yeah, that's a sick record. He's also in fine form on Room 1220 from the European Jazz Allstars.