What has happened to AAJ?

Mike is in the process of restoring the site.

Apparantly some hacker [may he/she roast in the eternal fires of Hell] gained access and screwed up the site.

It took Mike and his associcates SEVEN YEARS to create and establish the site and a few hours for some miscreant hacker to wreck it, just because they could.

The "Birthday" thread on the site is, apparantly, gone, as is everything after the middle of May. Damn.

Also, I can't log on at all, because I "don't have permisssion" to do so and my e-mail address is already in use by another poster [ME].

I've e-mailed Mike and haven't heard from him yet.

As for hackers, so revered by many; they are a plague!!!!!

Patricia,

Hope you still re-visit this jazz province from time to time, even if it is admittedly a little guysy. I've enjoyed your contributions and will look for you as "still life" on AAJ.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claude,

Of course you're right, but I had to vent. ^_^

AAJ is back up and the only thing to do is to carry on.

The jazz boards are so valuable and so informative for all of us that it just burns my butt that whole topics threads are gone.

It isn't the end of the world as we know it.

So have all memberships registered since late May been voided? Bummer... I joined in early March, around the time of the BNBB debacle, but I noticed that several people who came later no longer show up on the member list. I'm sure they can just re-register--even if it necessitates a different handle--but it does seem a bit odd over there, as if the past four months never happened... OTOH all of Greg's recent political wisdom has vanished. ^_^

Mike is in the process of restoring the site.

Apparantly some hacker [may he/she roast in the eternal fires of Hell] gained access and screwed up the site.

It took Mike and his associcates SEVEN YEARS to create and establish the site and a few hours for some miscreant hacker to wreck it, just because they could.

The "Birthday" thread on the site is, apparantly, gone, as is everything after the middle of May. Damn.

Also, I can't log on at all, because I "don't have permisssion" to do so and my e-mail address is already in use by another poster [ME].

I've e-mailed Mike and haven't heard from him yet.

As for hackers, so revered by many; they are a plague!!!!!

Damn those hackers!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

If someone could find out who did it, that would be great.....perhaps just a little jail time would straighten him/her out....

• 2 weeks later...