Release dates Lionel Hampton set, Piano Boogie Woogie Select

J.A.W.

Oh I'm using Capitol Metro for going back and forth to work for the most part, at least presently and at least until I retire from the state and do something else after February. Riding home from work is so little fun, creeping along the street bumper to bumper at the hour I get off work, that it's easier and less stressful to get some walking and reading in and take the bus.

I'm just retiring from the State. . . I intend to work (I need to work if I want to buy cds and dvds and books!) at something fun and less stressful. At this time I'm targetting NONOFFICE work. I've had enough of offices. Lucrative. . . but high stress!

The sound on this Hampton set is excellent!

Maybe so, but I just read on another forum a buyer's complaint that the Mosaic people managed to mess up the "Fiddle Dee Dee" track from 1940 on disc VII in that the tune they included there actually was "Fiddle Diddle" from 1938 which already is on Disc II. In short, one track twice and another one not at all.

OK, the titles are similar but this really should not happen with a top-flight outfit that selles products at top-notch prices.

Makes you wonder what people not versed with (or not caring about) the discography of the music they are working on are let loose on compiling jobs.

Clearly Michael Cuscuna (in his role as supervisor) and/or his underlings dropped the ball on this one.

The sound on this Hampton set is excellent!

Maybe so, but I just read on another forum a buyer's complaint that the Mosaic people managed to mess up the "Fiddle Dee Dee" track from 1940 on disc VII in that the tune they included there actually was "Fiddle Diddle" from 1938 which already is on Disc II. In short, one track twice and another one not at all.

OK, the titles are similar but this really should not happen with a top-flight outfit that selles products at top-notch prices.

Makes you wonder what people not versed with (or not caring about) the discography of the music they are working on are let loose on compiling jobs.

Clearly Michael Cuscuna (in his role as supervisor) and/or his underlings dropped the ball on this one.

I hadn't noticed, but I've only played it through once.

Has this been brought to Mosaic's attention? The straight thing for them to do would be to send out replacements for disc V.

MG

Mines this way too. I'm sure this the last thing Mosaic needs. Given the number they must have mailed out already the shipping costs alone for all those replacement discs can't be good for their bottom line. Any rate I need "Fiddle Diddle" as much as I need " Fiddle dee dee". I've dropped them an email too but this gives me no pleasure given the costs they're likely to incur.

Mines this way too. I'm sure this the last thing Mosaic needs. Given the number they must have mailed out already the shipping costs alone for all those replacement discs can't be good for their bottom line. Any rate I need "Fiddle Diddle" as much as I need " Fiddle dee dee". I've dropped them an email too but this gives me no pleasure given the costs they're likely to incur.

You're right about the cost - though perhaps it isn't colossal. They will change it though - it is their company ethos and it is implicit in the 'definitive' and 'complete' epithets they constantly use.

Your other implicit point - that you don't really need either track - really begs a whole lot of other questions which maybe we shouldn't go into!

As expected, Mosaic have confirmed that they are going to mail out replacement copies of disc V. But they obviously can't say when this early in the game.

MG

I wonder if they will continue to ship the uncorrected edition? I'm holding off on this until I know it is fixed. Perhaps the first person to receive the corrected edition (as opposed to the replacement disk) could let us all know?

FWIW, Fiddle Diddle is a vocal, Fiddle Dee Dee is an instrumental. It is also shorter - the discography on the website gives the same track length for both tracks. Call me Sherlock.

Edited by David Ayers

• 2 weeks later...

As expected, Mosaic have confirmed that they are going to mail out replacement copies of disc V. But they obviously can't say when this early in the game.

MG

Will they do this automatically for everyone who ordered the set, or will we need to contact them individually? I don't want to overwhelm their email box if I don't have to!