I'm going to be a daddy...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't go do something nutty like name the kid 'Mosaic' or 'JP' (John Patton)

Hey, you need any tips down the road about child rearin', forget about calling all the young inexperienced womenfolk in the neighborhood and just ring up the 'ol Weizster --- 7 years as a stay-at-home Dad with a sterling, accident-free track record (there was that minor nose-dive off the table incident a few years back ....but there weren't any injuries so it doesn't count . :g ).

Excellent!

There's nothing quite like a little one looking at you and calling you Daddy! :wub:

I missed the infant stage (because we adopted) but the toddler stage is wonderful- watching Annie grow and learn new things every day.

Buy a video camera because you won't believe how fast they grow up. Keep a diary to record significant events.

Better get your touring out of the way because you won't have time once the baby is born and besides, you won't want to be away!!

Well, we've told the immediate family so now I'd thought I'd share it with you folks.

My wife is about five weeks pregnant. I'm amazed, scared, elated and horrified at the same time. I have always wanted children, but it's really frightening to think about it.

That said, I'm looking forward to it! :)

:tup

Wow! Great news, Jim.

I probably felt all those contradictory emotions myself when I first heard my wife was pregnant 11 years ago.

First thought was: "well the ol shooter is working." Second thought was: "now what am I going to do?"

Gotta get a baby B-3 now. :tup

How exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

Vajerzy said:

Better get your touring out of the way because you won't have time once the baby is born and besides, you won't want to be away!!

I would just amend that to -- before the baby learns to walk!

My son was born 19 years and 50 weeks ago! His dad and I were 2/3rds of a semi-punk trio (alto, bass and drums -- "punk Ornette" was our idea!!!) Our first/last album (vinyl) made its appearance 2 months after baby. We were able to manage a few more gigs -- even a trip to Europe, where at 9 months of age while the train was waiting in the station, our son took his first steps!! After that, touring was on hold for several years -- our son wanted to move on his own steam around home and the playground -- and Vajerzy's right, no one wanted to be away.