Organissimo/Reptet in Traverse City

I guess nobody else had any fun. :rfr^_^

Great to see those nutballs in Reptet again. They put on a really energetic show with Samantha Boshnack's excellent charts. Would have been better to have a full house, but with spring break and little local press support, that didn't happen. The crowd that was there stayed right to the end and seemed to be enjoying themselves greatly. As luck would have it, the weather was beautiful, too.

I don't think any pictures were taken - I would have but haven't yet replaced my stolen camera.

Great to see those nutballs in Reptet again. They put on a really energetic show with Samantha Boshnack's excellent charts. Would have been better to have a full house, but with spring break and little local press support, that didn't happen. The crowd that was there stayed right to the end and seemed to be enjoying themselves greatly. As luck would have it, the weather was beautiful, too.

I don't think any pictures were taken - I would have but haven't yet replaced my stolen camera.

Was Samantha wearing her bunny ears and tail? I'm tellin' ya...

Bunny ears and tail? I saw nothing like that last night when Reptet played Kalamazoo, but what the hell, what I did see more than made up for that! This is one hot band and one hell of a good time. Alas, the attendance was light here as well, but like in TC, they were happy. John and the gang are truly one great group of musicians and I could only sit there and marvel at the energy and care that they put into their show. And what a show it was! If anybody is planning on seeing these guys on this tour, plan on staying until the last note dies as this band really pulls out all the stops as the night ends and the cry of "Last Call" only goads them on to greater activity. Truly a sight to see! I miss them already and can only look forward to the next time they are through here. A great band and a fine group of people! Oh! And to paraphrase Monty Python, " Nobody expects a conch shell". :rolleyes:

Bunny ears and tail? I saw nothing like that last night when Reptet played Kalamazoo, but what the hell, what I did see more than made up for that!

In my admittedly limited experience, I've never see a bunny tail (a smallish one) worn with more insousiance. And the charts were excellent.

Was Samantha wearing her bunny ears and tail? I'm tellin' ya...

No, John (the Gwand Wabbit) was wearing the bunny ears. Sam was wearing a red g-string bikini bottom over her pants. I'm tellin' YOU! :blush:

:g

Sam had a good night in Grand Rapids -- her lip stayed fit all night and she sounded very much improved from a year ago. The integration of the horn's multi-level parts with John's drums was played with a freeing confidence, too; another sign of positive growth as a band. Very much enjoyed them in G.R. There weren't too many people at Hugo's loft, but some of the people who were there were the right people, so to speak, and we'll see if the Reptet can hit at the Grand Rapids Art Museum on their next trip through, or perhaps The Intersection, which will put them in front of a larger crowd. You must be very quiet when hunting wabbits.

would like to go see these guys in Portland in a week, but they don't seem to be able to answer emails - anybody there? take care of business, boys and girls -

Allen,

I haven't checked my email in a number of days. Sorry. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out which tune you could sit in on. We don't play standard fair or easily read material. If your into it, I guess you could sit in on Fish Market. Anyway, bring your horn and we'll see how it works out.

-john

Allen,

Were you there last night? If you were, you didn't inroduce yourself.

Good show. One Longfellow Square is a nice venue. All the people in Portland were so nice and helpful.

Boston tonight. We hit at 8:30pm. I hope to see some Boston Org board peeps.

-john