Blindfold Test #3 / Let's do it!

Jim R

dear friends,

as i was on vacations for a long time (35 days) i've missed the first 2 editions of the blindfold test. is Brazil covered by any distributor?

i´ve already sent an email to Jim with my coordinates but i assume i´m the only one in south america on this board so i will understand if the answer is negative.

i loved the concept of the idea!!

i will try to get the previous editions with a kind member of the board :w

all the best

Marcus Oliveira

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I suggest that since the discs are in the mail, so to speak, its time for Jim to declare a test-giver for #4?  It obviously takes time to make the tough decisions, so it would probably be a good idea to have the next person start his work.

Good point, Dan, and I agree. I have been thinking about this, but haven't quite come to any decision. Watch for an e-mail soon... we need to talk. :)

Marcus, I have replied to your e-mail. One way or another, you will receive a copy of the CD.

Edited by Jim R

Listened yesterday, a very fine comp., but extremely hard. Tunes were recognized if not identified and I have an idea or two about players but not a single "gimme". So, I'll probably give it another close listen and then start the festivities on Friday, or else wait til Monday and give it a third listen on the road to Clearwater, where I plan to see a great band, you might have heard of them,

Organissimo!

Dan, at this point I know of 33 participants:

Sundog

Tom in R.I.

RDK

Peter Johnson

Dan Gould

John B

JSngry

Noj

Brad

Dr J

Joe

Randy Hersom

Harold Z

natbat

JazzAddict

desertblues

wordsandsounds

Paul Secor

Rooster Ties

Jim Dye

B3-er

JazzMoose

Jacknife

danasgoodstuff

Tom Storer

couw

White Lightning

mikeweil

Gary Gray

Bev Stapleton

Daniel A

mmilovan

marcoliv

Thanks Jim- Received my disc a couple of days ago. Gave it a cursory listen the other night, and liked what I heard. Especially liked the second half or so. I'm afraid this will be a humbling, but fun experience when sit down to give BFT#3 a serious listen. Will post my impressions soon!

mine arrived saturday already. I wasn't home so the post(wo)man took it to the post office where my wife picked it up for me yesterday. I had a quick listen this morning during breakfast, recognized some players (I think). I hope to spend time with this one soon and post my comments. Can't wait to read the other 18 or so replies to that discussion thread.

Thanks Jim & Tom!

Got mine today at last (Tuesday), had a listen, took some notes, but want to revisit some tunes and I'm too tired right now to formulate and post my thoughts. Tomorrow morning at 7.00 a.m. an oil delivery man will knock on my door, at 10.00 a.m. it's back in the studio to cut some more demo tracks ...