Rachael Ray Donut Ad Pulled!

We've got a bunch of doughnut snobs up in this place. Who would have thought? ;)

Seriously. We were watching one of those Bobby Flay "Food Challenge" shows on Food Network a while back and the one where he made donuts pitted him against some flamboyant donut-making dude from one of the burroughs who was a real prick. Usually, the person Flay goes up against is fun and gracious and someone I'd most definitely patronize, but this guy and his donuts (no matter how tasty) was a paranoid jerk who didn't want to participate and possibly be shown up.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brain & egg tacos

What's the brain part about? :unsure:

Calf brains. Tasty so long as you don't know (or think about) what it is you're eating. You can get'em in Mexican restaurants that don't speak English, if you know what I mean.

Much less "challenging" to the mind is nopalito con huevos, chopped cactus with scrambled eggs. Delicious!

...Krispy Kreme, hot or cold, that shit is way too sweet.

A cold Krispy Kreme is...weird. And lethal. Avoid!

The object of those things is to eat them hot, when they all but melt in your mouth the second they hit it.

Sweetnes, though, that's definitley a "regional taste", I believe. The American South has a legacy of uber-sweet foods, and me myself, the only way I can get into it too much is when the medium becomes somewhat transitory, like a melt-in-your-mouth doughnut. I got relatives who make pecan pies and shit that have been known to stick to your teeth for centuries.

But that ain't nothing. Some of the Asian desserts I've had are waaay sweet, some of them using what appears to be condensed condensed milk. Delicious in small doses, but kinda like anything else in that if you're not culturally acclimated to it, you take a bite and wonder WTF is THIS?!?!?!?!

Here in Indiana the best donuts hands down are from Long's Bakery on 16th street in Speedway. No preservatives and gone in less than an hour. They even have a sign that reads something like 'if you push and shove in line and are rude and abusive to our staff we will throw you out' ^_^

No Donut For You!!!

sein_soup_nazi.jpg

We've got a bunch of doughnut snobs up in this place. Who would have thought? ;)

Seriously. We were watching one of those Bobby Flay "Food Challenge" shows on Food Network a while back and the one where he made donuts pitted him against some flamboyant donut-making dude from one of the burroughs who was a real prick. Usually, the person Flay goes up against is fun and gracious and someone I'd most definitely patronize, but this guy and his donuts (no matter how tasty) was a paranoid jerk who didn't want to participate and possibly be shown up.

Yeah, that was the Mark Israel from Doughnut Plant in NYC. I've never been to the store in Manhattan but have had one his doughnuts at Dean & Deluca. It was good, definitely unique but I have places closer to home that I would consider better, so I'm not missing anything. Plus, I too saw that episode and thought the guy came off a little too full of himself.

Seriously, Dunkin works fine in a pinch. Much better than Krispy Kreme, hot or cold, that shit is way too sweet.

The best doughnuts of course, are made in little mom and pop shops throughout the country.

I like Dunkin Donuts. I used to live near an Italian bakery that had much better donuts, but there isn't anything close enough now. I do hate Krispy Kreme though. The boss brings them in every so often, and I consistently pass. Now when you won't even eat them for free, you know you don't like 'em.

A guy walks into a diner and orders a cheeseburger. He watches in amazement as the unkempt, wifebeater-wearing fry cook wanders back to the freezer, grabs a frozen meat patty, and shoves it into his armpit to thaw it out. The customer turns to the waitress and exclaims, "I can't believe what I'm seeing!"

To which the waitress responds, "That's nothing, you should've been here yesterday when he was making the donuts."

Ha ha, I have the same scarf, and another almost the same without the thick tassels, and wear them clubbing and elsewhere. I have some others like it in different colors, too. Search me for concealed bombs!

I will add a pic if I can find out how to attach one from my hard drive to a post.