Butch Warren

bertrand

Thanks Bertrand for posting this. I think its great that Butch has started to get some attention again. Great bassist IMOP, especially on Jackie's A Fickle Sonance where Butch really impressed me with his playing :tup

edit to say thank you Dan for posting the links.

Edited by Holy Ghost

Bertrand,

Really nicely done. Two thoughts. Regardless of how much you feel you actually contributed, your cohorts felt that your efforts were significant enough to credit you for your involvement. This is one of those situations where they may know more than you do. Second, I'd be proud to be even remotely associated with something like this.

Dan, thanks for posting the link.

Up over and out.

Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays!

The pianist on Wednesdays is Peter Edelman, Amy Bormet on Fridays and Dwayne Adell on Saturdays.

I watched this again and am really impressed with it, as are several people I spoke to. I am very flattered that I was listed in the credits, I just don't want the more cantankerous people in the jazz world out there (you know who they are) to think I am taking more credit that I deserve for anything.

The Butch story is still evolving.

Anyone know how I can sheet music from his repertoire? I tried the most obvious source, but hit a dead-end.

Thanks,

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Very nice, Bertrand. As the west coast BW nutcase, a friend had already sent it to me. Warmed my heart, though.

What do you mean, "Sheet music"? I might be able to help. Are you looking for his compositions? I've transcribed them previously and could probably create sheet music for them. Is that what you're going for?

Troy