EURO 2008

Will be intriguing Quarters Portugal-Germany and Croatia-Turkey, i wouldn't bet the rent money on the outcome of these games.

Regarding the group C, well Romania is in control of its destiny , pressure is on them, how they're going to perform ?

I'm already hearing some fans complaining that it is unfair that Romania will play a desinterested Netherlands team, well tough luck, both teams had the chance to perform against Romania and they failed, live with it.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Italian team, they had an overall better competition and they offered the most eye pleasing game of the three teams fighting for the second spot. Actually happy that a team actually qualified by actually winning a game, would have found it pathetic to see a team go through with only two or three draws on their resumé.

Good riddance Domenech, he picked a weak team in defense and never was able to create an offense that would fit our best player Ribery, plus from what i've heard he never was able to put the different individualities into a strong collective.

Would love to see Deschamps get a chance but my first pick would still be Arsène Wenger.

Meanwhile Oranje, Oranje, Oranje :rolleyes:

Edited by Van Basten II

Congratulations to the Italian team, they had an overall better competition and they offered the most eye pleasing game of the three teams fighting for the second spot. Actually happy that a team actually qualified by actually winning a game, would have found it pathetic to see a team go through with only two or three draws on their resumé.

Good riddance Domenech, he picked a weak team in defense and never was able to create an offense that would fit our best player Ribery, plus from what i've heard he never was able to put the different individualities into a strong collective.

Would love to see Deschamps get a chance but my first pick would still be Arsène Wenger.

Meanwhile Oranje, Oranje, Oranje :rolleyes:

Yep, french defender committed a naive foul on the penalty.

Overall french team seems to me a bit weak on willingness. They played like they already lost, without hope.

Italians did their best to gain, unfortunately I think 'their best' will not be enough in the fourthcoming matches, though 'azzurri' are a strange thing: they need to get the mental attitude and concentration during the championship, if they get it, they could go straight to the final, otherwise they could go home pretty quickly.

Spain should be considered favourites over this Italian team then again Spain has the bad habit of playing below their level of talent when it counts and Italians are pretty good at making jewels from dog shit. As we speak it's pretty tough to imagine Sweden or worse Russia threatening Netherlands.

As i mentionned in an earlier post, the quarters involving the groups A and B are a lot more open.

Spain should be considered favourites over this Italian team then again Spain has the bad habit of playing below their level of talent when it counts and Italians are pretty good at making jewels from dog shit. As we speak it's pretty tough to imagine Sweden or worse Russia threatening Netherlands.

As i mentionned in an earlier post, the quarters involving the groups A and B are a lot more open.

The beauty of the game is exactly this: talent AND attitude. Otherwise it would be like two computers playing chess.

Anyway I am a bit worried about that Pancho Villa. Italian defence is playing below the WC standard. :ph34r:

Yes, rub it in!

I'm a big Spain supporter and I'm of course I'm happy but I do feel for you. It's a gut wrenching way to lose.

Thanks. As it turned out, the lost point doesn't really matter, since Sweden would have needed a draw against Russia tonight anyway. Russia gets its big star Arshavin, who hasn't played so far, back. We'll see how much of a difference he makes.

The beauty of the game is exactly this: talent AND attitude. Otherwise it would be like two computers playing chess.

Anyway I am a bit worried about that Pancho Villa. Italian defence is playing below the WC standard. :ph34r:

Spain should win but Van Basten is right: when has Spain ever not disappointed?

Is it me or does Domenech always have that befuddled look (of course in this tournament, he had good reason).

Spain should win but Van Basten is right: when has Spain ever not disappointed?

Is it me or does Domenech always have that befuddled look (of course in this tournament, he had good reason).

Domenech is nice like an haemorrhoids' attack, but as far as his team won, nobody cared about it. <_<

About Spain: they are often in love with themselves and their beautiful playing, (like Brasil for that matter), they tend to forget that at the end the winner is the team who scored, not the one who played the nicest football for the audience. Usually Italy is just the opposite.

About Netherlands, for sure the best team until now, not really sure they can play all the championship at this level and speed, I mean that their playing is expensive in term of energy. Don't forget that most of the players, of all teams, have already played 40/50, even more, matches in the season.

anyone wants to see the portuguese team playin' football in the euro 2008 ?

last chance today ! :rsmile:

a big thankyouverymuch to the uefa who has banned jogi loew, the german coach, from the sidelines for today's match. sure, the austrian coach did get a one-game ban too ... but what's the point? :rolleyes:

even scolari, the coach of the portuguese team, said that he is not happy about the ban for the german coach. :tup: