EURO 2008

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a Chelsea fan and your nick is Red , it's like if i called myself Azzurri .

I think it's amazing that he's a Chelsea fan and he's admiting it in public.

Have been a fan since the early 80s (born 1981).

Believe me - the modern Chelsea is pretty repellant, by and large, by you know how it is with 'your team'. If I didn't love them - goodness yes I would hate them! :)

This game is the boxing equivalent of a fight between Sugar Ray Leonard and Pipino Cuevas. In one side you have a very talented and skilled team that can get a little too cutesy for its own good and on the other side that only knows one way to go, forward.

Very interesting contrasting style.

If the ref was cruel towards the Spaniards (they should have gotten a penality kick at the end of the 1st half) fate was even crueller towards the Swedish with such a late goal.

David Villa has to be the MVP of the competition so far.

Edited by Van Basten II

1-2 in the 93rd minute. Ouch. Without Ibrahimovic Sweden just became a much less dangerous team in the second half. His replacement Rosenberg didn't achieve much. Yet it was so close. Just one minute left.

Still, Sweden should have a decent chance to go through against Russia in the last match. But if they finish second, they will face Holland in the quarter final...

The game at least was quite good, won't cry over the departure of Greece though.

My top 5

1 Netherlands

2 Portugal

3 Spain

4 Germany

5 Croatia

If you think i'm unfair to Croatia, ask yourself if your team had to play them , would you prefer to play the Germans or Croatia ?

Best game Romania-Italy (Who would have thought that the italians would be in the best games of the competion so far)

Honorable mention to all the games of the second meeting.

Worst game Still France-Romania

Best looking haircuts Italian team, they looklike guys who have passed more time at the hairdresser than on the pitch.

The game at least was quite good, won't cry over the departure of Greece though.

My top 5

1 Netherlands

2 Portugal

3 Spain

4 Germany

5 Croatia

If you think i'm unfair to Croatia, ask yourself if your team had to play them , would you prefer to play the Germans or Croatia ?

Best game Romania-Italy (Who would have thought that the italians would be in the best games of the competion so far)

Honorable mention to all the games of the second meeting.

Worst game Still France-Romania

Best looking haircuts Italian team, they looklike guys who have passed more time at the hairdresser than on the pitch.

As italian I am pretty satisfied: best game and best haircut, at this point I guess that Domenech would be very angry for the last match. :g

yes, the most important thing is a good hairdo! :bwallace:

the game i'm really looking forward to is the netherlands vs. romania ... as we have already discussed the dutch team seems to peak quite early .... maybe some of the better players from the dutch team need a little break :P

uh oh ... and don't get me started on the game austria vs germany .... that one really scares the shit out of me :ph34r:

yes, the most important thing is a good hairdo! :bwallace:

the game i'm really looking forward to is the netherlands vs. romania ... as we have already discussed the dutch team seems to peak quite early .... maybe some of the better players from the dutch team need a little break :P

uh oh ... and don't get me started on the game austria vs germany .... that one really scares the shit out of me :ph34r:

Do they play the last matches at 8.30 pm?

that one really scares the shit out of me :ph34r:

Do you think the Austrians might win? :unsure:

well, not really ... but if they do the austrians won't stop makin' jokes about it for the next 50 years :ph34r:

i guess you don't know this ... but regarding football there is a special relationship between austria and germany ... kickin' the great german brother out of the tournament would be even more fun to the austrians than winnin' the whole tournament :rsmile: