EURO 2008

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we've seen everyone. Who's going to win???

I hate to be boring, but I'm going to say Germany.

Spain/Portugal/Holland - not steely enough. Showed nice stuff, though.

And if the odds were right, I'd take Romania (as I would have done before the tournament). With a group like that, you'd get a great price at the bookies, but Mutu, Chivu, etc. etc. etc...

Agreed with Red Germany would be my pick right now

If i had to do a top 5 based on the first games it be something like

1 Germany

2 Netherlands

3 Portugal

4 Spain

5 Sweden (Think their bubble will burst in the next game though but nobody else really impressed)

Best game Netherlands-Italy

Worst game France-Romania

Best looking fans; the swedish chick they kept showing during the game

Agreed with Red Germany would be my pick right now

If i had to do a top 5 based on the first games it be something like

1 Germany

2 Netherlands

3 Portugal

4 Spain

5 Sweden (Think their bubble will burst in the next game though but nobody else really impressed)

Best game Netherlands-Italy

Worst game France-Romania

Best looking fans; the swedish chick they kept showing during the game

Hard to made a bet now.

EC, as WC, is a though stuff, at the end prevail the team that have a perfect mix of good playing and nerves of steel, and that reach the top shape at the very end of the championship.

Yes, some luck too.

I watched bits of most games so far, mostly I found it about as boring as I usually find football to be. (Though when I happened by chance to catch the pentalty shooting that ended the Champions League final, now that was full of suspense and drama, for sure!)

Anyway, I found the Dutch did a great job against the Italians - very enjoyable game to watch, the one I watched until the end.

Worst would have been France-Romania and Greece-Sweden - I couln't take more than five minutes of those two.

I'll likely watch the Swiss against Turkey game tonight (Türkiye! Türkiye! well, not really... but my involvment other than being pissed about all the aggressive, puking, drinking fans all over Zurich's centre, is pretty modest)

Swiss are like fish under water, awful pitch conditions, the way the ball bounced at times was pretty ridiculous. It reminds me of a Calcio game who was decisive for the Scudetto, think it was between Lazio and Juventus who had to be delayed because the field was flooded, i remember the ref throwing the ball to the grass and the ball just died.. maybe Porcy will confirm my rememberance.

If Switzerland do prevail it will be kinda complicated to figure out all the implications about who's going to advance prior the third game, from what i've figure out a win by the Swiss over Portugal puts them in the next round no matter what happens next then again i maybe am getting ahead of myself.

Edited by Van Basten II

Swiss are like fish under water, awful pitch conditions, the way the ball bounced at times was pretty ridiculous. It reminds me of a Calcio game who was decisive for the Scudetto, think it was between Lazio and Juventus who had to be delayed because the field was flooded, i remember the ref throwing the ball to the grass and the ball just died.. maybe Porcy will confirm my rememberance.

If Switzerland do prevail it will be kinda complicated to figure out all the implications about who's going to advance prior the third game, from what i've figure out a win by the Swiss over Portugal puts them in the next round no matter what happens next then again i maybe am getting ahead of myself.

The match wasn't between Lazio and Juventus, but Juventus vs Perugia, the referee, Collina, delayed the match for an hour or so, with Lazio's players and supporters waiting for the result inside the Rome's Olympic stadium. Pretty dramatic.

Agree to a point about Drogba, although when Mourinho made himself clear, that stopped immediately. Robben - absolutely yes, a breath of wind would knock him over, and much like his compatriots Bergkamp (aghhh the number of times he would play dirty for the Gooners then give it sweetness and light and 'who, me?'...) and Van Persie, in that regard...As a Chelsea fan, Robben really embarassed me.

You're a Chelsea fan and your nick is Red :blink: , it's like if i called myself Azzurri .

Regarding Drogba what made it weird was that i don't think he was much of a diver prior to joining Chelsea

By the way group B is by the least interesting and the matchups today are awful, Germany have a free pass to the quarters and the Poland-Croatia game in the third game will probably decide who will face Portugal in the quarters

Yeah...bad isn't it...just had a group of friends who called me that from very young (although no longer, so perhaps a switch to the proper colour is due).

That's interesting about Drogba - I wasn't really aware of his reputation (or lack thereof) for diving whilst at Marseille...

Know what you mean about Group B, although I can see Croatia perhaps giving Germany a bit of a game in the final round of group games.

Now tomorrow...that's a different story...should be great! Which Dutch will turn up? Which French? Which Italians, for that matter? I fancy Romania to get something, just because.

Wowww, suprising first half, think that Low will give his team the riot act. Germans played like a team who beleived the hype about them and expected their opponents to roll down and die. Unfortunately for them the Tableclothes started the game thinking they could win and not done anything to make them think otherwise.