Anyone have trouble with orders from Jazz Loft?

peterintoronto

I have been waiting over a month from 2 cds to get to Toronto from Jazz Loft (www.jazzloft.com). Has anyone else had bad experiences? I opened a PayPal dispute a week ago, and then they claimed the discs had been returned to them 'undeliverable'.

I have never had any mail 'undeliverable' to me. I live in a clearly marked apartment in the largest city in Canada, not on some dirt road in northern Alaska.

They claim to have re-sent it, but I have a feeling I'll have to go through with the claim. I should have asked them to resend it along with the original packaging postmarked September 26th and stamped 'undeliverable'. In response to the PayPal claim, they posted a 'customs number'. Not a tracking number, but just some random number that basically lets UPS know, 'we have a parcel to send out with you guys'.

Obviously I'm through with Jazz Loft, but am I alone in being screwed?

Edited by peterintoronto

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alan,

I just hate stories without endings. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I am just curious as to why you have done what you have done. Why did you not just refund my payment immediately after you realized you could not fill my order? Why did you pretend that the discs were sent back to you as ‘undeliverable’?

Did you think that I would be more likely to shop with you again if you passed the blame to the mail system?

Why do you, without ever having met me, assume that I am so stupid that I would believe that the discs have been ‘lost’ after you shipped them the second time? Perhaps you could try to fool people who buy Billboard Top 40 stuff with these stories, but why try it with someone ordering Anthony Braxton discs? I mean, I’m by no means a genius, but I’d like to think I’m smart enough to know when I’m being taken for a ride.

What gives? Can you please give me my PayPal refund already? I sent you this money on the 26th of September. It is now November 7th. The jig is up.

I’m not angry, just very, very, confused.

Peter

Hope you can work the problem out.

I've had only good experiences with Jazz Loft. Have found Alan very responsive, and "one of the good guys."

same here. I'm thinking it has everything to do with Customs. When I lived in Canada it took FOREVER for orders to reach me. I wouldn't even start looking in the mailbox until a full month had passed.

Alan,

I just hate stories without endings. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I am just curious as to why you have done what you have done. Why did you not just refund my payment immediately after you realized you could not fill my order? Why did you pretend that the discs were sent back to you as ‘undeliverable’?

Did you think that I would be more likely to shop with you again if you passed the blame to the mail system?

Why do you, without ever having met me, assume that I am so stupid that I would believe that the discs have been ‘lost’ after you shipped them the second time? Perhaps you could try to fool people who buy Billboard Top 40 stuff with these stories, but why try it with someone ordering Anthony Braxton discs? I mean, I’m by no means a genius, but I’d like to think I’m smart enough to know when I’m being taken for a ride.

What gives? Can you please give me my PayPal refund already? I sent you this money on the 26th of September. It is now November 7th. The jig is up.

I’m not angry, just very, very, confused.

Peter

dude, you have quite an attitude problem. first, you ask the community for feedback, but at the same time you make it clear to us that you don't believe anything the seller has told you, and have already made up your mind that you've been screwed and won't ever do business with him again. then you receive a lot of feedback that the seller is honest and has a good history here, and are encouraged to call or email the owner, who is a member of the community. so what do you do? you publicly call alan out in this thread. you are sarcastic as hell, call him a liar, accuse him of treating you with utter disrespect, then suggest that he save his deceitful business practices for people whose musical tastes aren't as advanced as your own. Oh, and i love the "i'm not angry, i'm just confused tag" at the end, proving that you are in fact guilty of the insincerity that you accuse alan of showing toward you.

what's the matter peter? do people plot to screw you behind your back? are you repeatedly not given the respect that you so richly deserve, given your superior taste in music? do you long to be a superhero, exposing the crimes of others when you determine that "the jig is up?"

why don't you grow up a little bit? if you ask the community a question, have the decency to listen to and consider the answers, even when they conflict with your previously-held beliefs. and don't use the board to confront another member about transactions that occur off the board. mutual respect, rather than unanimous agreement, is the key to building and enjoying a community like ours. now excuse me while i don my flame-retardant jumpsuit for what i expect will be a thoughtful and considered reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Peter

dude, you have quite an attitude problem. first, you ask the community for feedback, but at the same time you make it clear to us that you don't believe anything the seller has told you, and have already made up your mind that you've been screwed and won't ever do business with him again. then you receive a lot of feedback that the seller is honest and has a good history here, and are encouraged to call or email the owner, who is a member of the community. so what do you do? you publicly call alan out in this thread. you are sarcastic as hell, call him a liar, accuse him of treating you with utter disrespect, then suggest that he save his deceitful business practices for people whose musical tastes aren't as advanced as your own. Oh, and i love the "i'm not angry, i'm just confused tag" at the end, proving that you are in fact guilty of the insincerity that you accuse alan of showing toward you.

what's the matter peter? do people plot to screw you behind your back? are you repeatedly not given the respect that you so richly deserve, given your superior taste in music? do you long to be a superhero, exposing the crimes of others when you determine that "the jig is up?"

why don't you grow up a little bit? if you ask the community a question, have the decency to listen to and consider the answers, even when they conflict with your previously-held beliefs. and don't use the board to confront another member about transactions that occur off the board. mutual respect, rather than unanimous agreement, is the key to building and enjoying a community like ours. now excuse me while i don my flame-retardant jumpsuit for what i expect will be a thoughtful and considered reply.

Just saw this reply as I came in here to update the situation. If anyone is wondering why 'robviti' wrote the above, it's because about a month ago, I posted a thank you thread that praised a board member's blog for it's South-African jazz content. For reasons only know to him, 'robviti' took great offense to my posting this link (even though the blog maintainer and Organissimo poster posts a link to his blog in his signature). Because I didn't really want an Organissimo member having a heart attack/stroke due to my internet posts, I deleted the post content (I should have left it there in hindsight), as I couldn't delete the thread entirely.

On to the Jazz Loft - Alan Lawrence sent me this just today (1 December 2008). Original order was placed 26 September 2008.

"Peter, Believe it or now, I just got back the two CDs we sent you. It appears our system, for some reason, left off your apartment number. I don’t know if you still want these but I thought I’d give you first shot at them before I resold them.

Alan

WWW.JAZZLOFT.COM <http://www.JAZZLOFT.COM>

Jazz Loft LLC

11606 SE 63rd St

Bellevue, WA 98006

425-336-4830"

Okay, jeez, I know what 'robviti's perceived problem was now: he thought I was endorsing file-trading/illegal music downloads!

As someone who does not own a single 'burned' cd, or an iPod, or any mp3's (or mp1's or mp2's for that matter), I can assure everyone that I am on the straight and narrow, and that they needn't report me for un-American activities of any sort to the F.B.I.

Sorry this EUREKA moment came about a month too late, but I have been swamped with work and school, and I just figured he didn't like me because I am member 1884745764 to this fine internet message-board.

Just saw this reply as I came in here to update the situation. If anyone is wondering why 'robviti' wrote the above, it's because about a month ago, I posted a thank you thread that praised a board member's blog for it's South-African jazz content.

wrong, peter. my post here preceded your "thank you thread."

For reasons only know to him, 'robviti' took great offense to my posting this link (even though the blog maintainer and Organissimo poster posts a link to his blog in his signature). Because I didn't really want an Organissimo member having a heart attack/stroke due to my internet posts, I deleted the post content (I should have left it there in hindsight), as I couldn't delete the thread entirely.

wrong, again. i made my reasons known quite clearly and succinctly. you publicly identified a board member as running a blog that features download links to copyrighted material, and you did so on a board operated by three musicians who have clearly stated that they don't want their band associated with illegal file sharing. why you think you should have left this untouched is beyond me. and btw, you can delete any thread you created at any time. if you don't know how, just ask.

Okay, jeez, I know what 'robviti's perceived problem was now: he thought I was endorsing file-trading/illegal music downloads!

As someone who does not own a single 'burned' cd, or an iPod, or any mp3's (or mp1's or mp2's for that matter), I can assure everyone that I am on the straight and narrow, and that they needn't report me for un-American activities of any sort to the F.B.I.

and once again, wrong (a perfect trifecta!). i have no objections to your downloading music, legally or otherwise. i also don't care if you extol the virtues of such activities here or anywhere else. why should I, for I have done it myself. again, if you want to understand my objections, go back to the previous response.

Sorry this EUREKA moment came about a month too late, but I have been swamped with work and school, and I just figured he didn't like me because I am member 1884745764 to this fine internet message-board.

dude, i don't know you, so i can't really like or dislike you as a person. i just have had a problem with some of your behavior and what i perceive as a fairly immature attitude. want another example? how about the fact that you've uploaded my picture into your profile as your own personal photo. what's up with that? is that supposed to make me angry, or give me a "heart attack/stroke?" actually, i got a good startle, followed by a hearty laugh. in the end, you can grow up or not, it doesn't matter much to me anymore.

and just so other members can enjoy the laugh too, here's the photo peter has chosen to include in his profile, shot by our own mark sheldon outside a bbq joint in nyc.

post-294-1228353298_thumb.jpg

that's me on the right. :lol: