Personal attacks

fasstrack

I had my first experience and it wasn't pleasant. I won't say who or what, but someone said 'you don't know shit about so-and-so'. Maybe it was in the heat of the moment and probably he ain't a bad guy. Hell, he may even have been right. But he went wrong going personal. It's childish IMO, and unneccesary. I wrote something back in anger, then deleted it only to be called 'chicken' (schoolyard taunt?) by the guy, who I saw right then and there was 'cruisin' for a bruisin'. No, genius: I didn't want to go there and regretted responding in anger. Get it? I told him I would not succumb to stupidity and that still stands. I understand there is an ignore device, and I guess I'll use it. It's a drag to have to, though. You know? Please don't ask me to cite chapter, thread, and verse. We're all adults here, right? I'm putting this out and movin' on. I won't even post again on this thread. If anyone wants to communicate PM or email me on this.

Here's the thing: I quit Internet groups over a couple of negative incidents that happened offline involving people met online. I don't claim that I was (or am) an angel. I don't, however, have the time for negativity and will not be involved in stupidity. I am a professional musician of intense personality and strong opinions. Debate is at times neccesary and it is American and democratic. If discussions do get heated, though, I prefer civility or I will be gone in a heartbeat. I've mixed it up at times with Allen Lowe and Larry Kart, but if I didn't respect their intellects and passion I would not even bother. They mixed it back, but always respectfully, without 9-year-old name calling. If someone doesn't like something I write or me they also don't have to answer. I don't need that much attention, believe me.

I like this community b/c it mostly is frequented by knowledgeable jazz players, fans, and general thinkers. I've made friends and hung out with Lazaro Vega and Paul Secor. They are great guys. I've enjoyed corresponding with others, including Mr. Albertson, who I enjoyed years ago as a host locally on WBAI. I want to make friends here, as I've done through music my entire life and intent do keep on doing. I will stay away from bullshit here, when it regretfully occurs. (It seems rare, a good thing).

Simple respect. Attack the statement, and support yours with intelligent input, NOT the person. We're not 6-year olds.

Edited by fasstrack

One final comment from me. I reached out personally and we're all ready to move on. I leave this open only in hopes some good will come out of it. If this turns into a tit-for-tatorama between various people with beefs you (the universal)are going to make me very disappointed----not to mentioned a bit depressed..............

'uh, people....can we get along?'.............................

I have two things to say (and I'll put them in the same post, thank you! :g ) :

1 - Strong opinions breed strong responses.

2 - Even allowing for human imperfection, drama in the face of getting what you give is pretty lame.

Edited by JSngry

This is neither here nor there, but a while back there was some new poster who started attacking me out of the blue, even in threads I had nothing to do with. He/she seems to be gone now. I have no clue what their problemo was, other than a general distaste for me, which I can sympathize with.

Maybe it was one of my neighbors. ... :unsure:

Hug it out.

Chuck's one of the most no-bullshit people I've ever met, him and my old man. Doesn't mean that they're perfect, just means that they say what they mean, and can you can bank on it not being phony or schmoozy or "aw-shucks" passive aggressive. What you hear is what was meant to be said, for better or worse, rougher or smoother.

Me myself, I'd like to live in a world where that type of unambiguousness was a more common quality.

I'm sorry for some of the things I said to Clem. Just don't tell him.

Aw man, don't be. I mean, I dig and respect Brian, but hell, sometimes you just gotta call him on his bullshit, just so he knows that you know, if you know what I mean

Aw man, don't be. I mean, I dig and respect Brian, but hell, sometimes you just gotta call him on his bullshit, just so he knows that you know, if you know what I mean

That's his name?

Word. Didn't get the guy at first so we traded nasty shit back and forth but found out later we had some common ground after he quized me one day about Eddie's Sweet Shop.

As for what you say about Chuck, I agree as well.

I love you guys.................................................................

well, most of you guys.....

well, some of you guys - the ones who send me money -

Allen......

I started to crack up reading this. But I think you shudda stopped at ¨I love you guys.....

Kinda like a funny parody in the 70s in National Lampoon called Jimmy the Weasel explains life and how to get laid....or something. They´re buttering someone up to catch him off guard so they can whack him. They ´take him out, get him drunk on his ass, introduce him to a couple of celebrities....maybe even Frank. He introduces us to his daughter. ¨Ï love you guys¨, he says. We slip the f(/)ing rope around his neck. One, two, three it goes, a cakewalk....

Edited by fasstrack

• 2 weeks later...

Great. Now I'm hungry again. <_<

Yeah especially now that beans don't burn on the grill. Later for that.

Fish, however, do continue to fry in the kitchen, and will do so forever, at least as long as I have anything to say about it.

Edited by JSngry