MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus H. Christ! The Phillies had a 5-0 lead going into the top of the 9th and now thanks to a Ryan Howard error it's 5-2 and they just put in Lidge.

Pass the Tums.

Edit. Walked the first batter on 4 pitches!!!

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Dan, you gonna take Frenchy off our hands???? :excited:

That's even more insane than taking Nick Johnson's injury-plagued ass for four months in exchange for Manny Delcarmen. I mean, Theo decides that high OBP guys are who you want, and he'd seriously consider a hacker like that? The last time he did that was with Wily Mo Pena and he swore he'd never do it again (give up pitching for "projects with upside").

Dan, you gonna take Frenchy off our hands???? :excited:

That's even more insane than taking Nick Johnson's injury-plagued ass for four months in exchange for Manny Delcarmen. I mean, Theo decides that high OBP guys are who you want, and he'd seriously consider a hacker like that? The last time he did that was with Wily Mo Pena and he swore he'd never do it again (give up pitching for "projects with upside").

Nick Johnson makes more sense...he walks a lot....he did play 131 games in 2005, and 147 in 2006. I was surprised to see he is only 30, I would have guessed 35.

Frenchy would have to go to AAA for a month or so and learn to take pitches...not swing at anything with 2 strikes...Andruw has had some success relearning how to hit, and he's 7 years older than French toast. Terry Pendleton has messed up a lot of hitters it appears.

Tied for first, and possibly not for long - Sox up 3-1 in the eighth, trying to get out of Minnesota with a split. Two major plusses of this game are Beckett, who allowed three hits and one run in seven innings, for his second straight dominant start, and Varitek who had another two homer game. Would anyone guess that on the last weekend of May, Varitek would have ten times as many homers as Ortiz?

I gotta check out the highlights on ESPN or MLB, as something pretty unique happened in this one: Both starting catchers and both managers got tossed. :blink::wacko:

And its a final in Minnesota - 3-1 Sox, the Yankees are in second place by 1/2 a game. :P

Now the Sox travel to Toronto while the Yanks visit Cleveland. Cleveland's been playing better lately so there's some hope they'll slow the Yankees down. Toronto has stunk, which concerns me because the law of averages suggests they'll start winning soon, and 9 straight is a streak that's more likely to end than to go to 12 straight. Fun fact for the Sox: back-to-back weeks with a series against the Jays and they actually manage to miss Doc Holliday. That's a fortunate thing.

Make that 17 straight vs TB

Won 2-1 today

The Rays are in a funk, no doubt. They were almost set to get a few games over .500 for pretty much the first time this year before the mighty Indians smacked 'em down.

As Dan says, here's hoping the Tribe streak continues. :P

Randy Johnson, meanwhile, inches ever closer to 300.

Nice pitching performnance last night.

He goes for 300 against the Senators in DC. Probably been awhile if ever for a 300th win to be won in that city (he states without checking...)

*edit to add - May 14, 1920 Walter Johnson beat the Tigers for #300 in DC. He also won his 400th (May 2, 1926) at Griffith Stadium, DC vs. the A's. It's been awhile, good luck Big Unit.

Edited by Quincy

And its a final in Minnesota - 3-1 Sox, the Yankees are in second place by 1/2 a game. :P

Now the Sox travel to Toronto while the Yanks visit Cleveland. Cleveland's been playing better lately so there's some hope they'll slow the Yankees down. Toronto has stunk, which concerns me because the law of averages suggests they'll start winning soon, and 9 straight is a streak that's more likely to end than to go to 12 straight. Fun fact for the Sox: back-to-back weeks with a series against the Jays and they actually manage to miss Doc Holliday. That's a fortunate thing.

Dan,

Can you help me with my lottery numbers?

Yanks up 3-1 in the bottom of the 7th in Cleveland. A win put 'em first all by their lonesome.

Up over and out.

The Braves have the worst outfield(offensively) in baseball, but they faced Jon Garland, who is really lucky to still be in the big leagues. Hey Dan, the dangerous Jeff Francoeur got two rbi's last night....hope there was a Sox scout in attendance. Trust me, he's really good, Andruw Jones in 2008 good, you gotta get him!!! :g