MLB 2009 Season

This is without a doubt the most infuriating fucking loss in a regular season game in about FOR-FUCKING EVER.

In a one run, 12 inning loss to the fucking Angels, as a team they went THREE FOR FUCKING TWENTY TWO WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION.

And David Fucking Ortiz stranded TWELVE runners himself while going OH for SEVEN.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is without a doubt the most infuriating fucking loss in a regular season game in about FOR-FUCKING EVER.

In a one run, 12 inning loss to the fucking Angels, as a team they went THREE FOR FUCKING TWENTY TWO WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION.

And David Fucking Ortiz stranded TWELVE runners himself while going OH for SEVEN.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

Now Dan, relax, you just know they're going lose 2 out of three to the Mariners this weekend. ;)

Chuck: .429 isn't too bad....

You are probably right even though they are missing Bedard (reportedly) and King Felix.

Yeah, the Mariners are sinking fast in the west, still hoping for .500 though. Would not be surprised if there isn't a fire sale come June or July. Beltre gone, Bedard gone, Washborn gone, maybe even Felix..... Most likely a three game sweep by the Red Sox, once you're past Bedard & Hernandez, the pickings are very slim, I don't think Washborn can keep going like he has for much longer. It's going to take a long time to recover from the damage that Bavasi did to this team.

Edited by Matthew

Matthew,

Not sure anyone you mention aside from Felix has all that much trade value and there's no way they move him. Bedard is an accident waiting to happen. Washburn is 26-45 since coming over from the Angels and Beltre, well if there ever was a one year wonder who parlayed that year into lifetime security, it's Beltre. All field no hit third basemen are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately for M's fans, Seattle is going to be paying for the stupidity of Bill Bavasi for many years to come.

Up over and out.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

Now Dan, relax, you just know they're going lose 2 out of three to the Mariners this weekend. ;)

Chuck: .429 isn't too bad....

Um.

Does anybody besides me see a heart attack waiting to happen here...?

Whoa :blink:

Ah yes, the month of May, when the Rangers get red hot, take over first place for a while, get fans hopes up once again..... unfortunately, June, July and August are just around the corner. Ah well, just like last year, gonna enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Um.

Does anybody besides me see a heart attack waiting to happen here...?

Whoa :blink:

Well I know I would have a heart attack if just once Dan posted after a loss that the other team had really talented players, maybe just maybe that the other teams player possibly by being really talented got a hit on a 90 mph slider on the black by going the other way with it for a clutch hit or a Red Sox hit that same slider to the warning track and left the winning run on second base that he is also really talented but just got under it and hey its one game, the other team just played a little better or got the breaks today for the win today and we will go get them tomorrow.

Ah yes, the month of May, when the Rangers get red hot, take over first place for a while, get fans hopes up once again..... unfortunately, June, July and August are just around the corner. Ah well, just like last year, gonna enjoy it while it lasts! :)

as much as I hate them but the Rangers might benefit from a dome in the summer. That heat has a history of wearing down pitching staffs in Texas. But they did make the playoffs 3 years in row in the late 90's so maybe its talent eval and management. I think this year was a build up to next when all the young talent will break through. Rangers could very well win the West this year with the issues the Halo's and A's are having. Not sold on Seattle's bullpen getting it done all year.

Edited by WorldB3

I can be philosophical when we get blown out. And I know damn well some games just aren't meant to be won.

But, no one should be expected to be gracious after an offensive performance like that. Not to mention 9 Ks looking for the Sox and none for the Angels. Great umpiring as well as awesome clutch hitting in that one.

And we all know that post-season berths can come down to one game - and if the Sox miss out by that one game, this will be exhibit A in "Why the Baseball Gods DON'T Actually Love The Red Sox".

Not unless I finally start booking the deals I thought I would back when I took the first Loan Mod job.

My goal at this point is just to book as many commissions as possible and not spend any of it before the end of June. So July is the target, if we can spare the money then.

As often is the case, some of good pitching is a reflection of good defense. And Texas has improved its infield defense.

Part of it is good defensive/poor hitting players tend to be cheaper than subpar defensive/good hitting players which fits in great in this rough economy, but perhaps more teams are seeing the light as far as defense being an important part of the game. If you police the PEDs the ball stays in the park more, so you'd better have good gloves.

as much as I hate them but the Rangers might benefit from a dome in the summer.

That would require brains and foresight that this team has never had. Damn near every other team in the south has a dome; not the Rangers. Never understood that.

That heat has a history of wearing down pitching staffs in Texas. But they did make the playoffs 3 years in row in the late 90's so maybe its talent eval and management.

The only pitching staff that has ever withered in this heat is.... the Rangers!!! And they weren't all that good when it WASN'T blazing hot!

I think this year was a build up to next when all the young talent will break through. Rangers could very well win the West this year with the issues the Halo's and A's are having.

Eh, they could. Maybe.

Tell you what: if they're still doing this good next month, I'll start to think about getting excited. When July rolls around and they're still rolling along, I might jump on the bandwagon. When August shows up and if the Rangers are still riding high, I might be convinced. When September shows up and the Rangers make it to the playoffs, I'll be pleased.

And when the Rangers get bounced out of the first round, my heart will be broken all over again and I'll go back to wondering how I could've fell for it AGAIN this year.

In other words, I'll believe it when I see it and not a second sooner.

Tribe goes up 7-0 vs TB and loses 8-7

Damn

About as predictable as Dan going to bed with a 4-0 lead and waking up to find out they lost AGAIN.

This team could be in deep, deep trouble and absolutely desperate for Smoltz to pitch like an all-star by the time he's ready. Lester, Beckett are both disasters. Ortiz even worse. They are incredibly lucky to be as close to 1st as they are, and their luck is running out, fast.

Ichiro was just light out against Lester last night. Good win for the Mariners. I was very surprised that Papi sat down against Jakubauskas, Jak is the kind of pitcher that Big Papi could get some good hacks off. Of course, the big event last night was Yuni Betancourt getting not just one, but two walks in the game. Pigs are now flying around SafeCo field as we write this. It's Garrett Olson vs. Beckett tonight, looks like a huge mismatch, we'll wait and see what happens