MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How in the world can Manny begin a rehab assignment in the minor leagues while suspended in the majors?

He shouldn't be allowed to play in any games until his suspension has been completed

IMO

Its provided in the PED testing/penalty agreement. A player who is suspended for 50 games is unlikely to be ready to play again if he doesn't go on a rehab assignment. If the penalty is 50 games, he should be ready to return to his team then, not 15 games later when he's faced live pitching for a while and regained his timing.

Or do you think that the suspension should be 60 or 65 games, with an allowance for going on a rehab assignment?

How in the world can Manny begin a rehab assignment in the minor leagues while suspended in the majors?

Not to be legalistic, but you'd have to refer to the wording of the original suspension (which was agreed to by all parties). I assume it specifies only that he's suspended for 50 major league games without pay (I've read they're docking his salary by a pro-rated amount).The "without pay" part discourages Manny from playing in any more rehab games than absolutely necessary to get back in baseball shape, due to the risk of injury in playing meaningless games gratis.

Edited by T.D.

They are motherfucking stupid if they let Matzu-SUCKA start another game anytime soon. He's a fucking joke, and killing them every fucking time he takes the ball. No fucking way he pitches again. He's told he has a choice: Accept an assignment to AAA, or go on the DL. Your choice, asshole. Then tell him that regardless of what happens with Smoltz, he's lucky to be number two on the depth chart for replacement starters. Buchholz gets the next chance, then its a toss up between him and Bowden.

Or else he can accept a trade. Fuck him.

He's worse than weak. He absolutely completely fucking sucks shit. This is the great Dice-K? The fucking "Beast"? I'm afraid Theo was sold a fucking bill of goods for what is a fucking piece of totally worthless shit.

Sixty day D.L., Dice-K, or an indefinite assignment to Pawtucket. Your fucking choice you worthless asshole.

He's worse than weak. He absolutely completely fucking sucks shit. This is the great Dice-K? The fucking "Beast"? I'm afraid Theo was sold a fucking bill of goods for what is a fucking piece of totally worthless shit.

Sixty day D.L., Dice-K, or an indefinite assignment to Pawtucket. Your fucking choice you worthless asshole.

You know, I hate to even mention this out loud, but the Mariner ownership digs Japanese players, and has some pitchers/players it's willing to give up, so maybe.... :w

You know, I hate to even mention this out loud, but the Mariner ownership digs Japanese players, and has some pitchers/players it's willing to give up, so maybe.... :w

You can absolutely fucking have him. If you want to give up some semi-warm bodies and pay his salary, fine. If you don't want to pay his salary, give up a couple of slightly warmer bodies. I don't fucking care. I am more interested in seeing Junichi Tazawa in a Boston uniform than this piece of living shit. The kid has made 13 starts, pitched to a 3.15 ERA in AA ball, a WHIP of 1.164 and a 3 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio. He can actually throw a fucking strike regularly.

They've set it up so that Smoltz pitches in this asshole's spot and made no reference to the asshole's next start. So at least there is hope that the talk about a six man rotation was dependent on the asshole actually pitching as he is supposedly capable, and not an absolute intent to keep all six. So I am optimistic that they will make a fucking move soon, one way or the other.

You can absolutely fucking have him. If you want to give up some semi-warm bodies and pay his salary, fine. If you don't want to pay his salary, give up a couple of slightly warmer bodies. I don't fucking care. I am more interested in seeing Junichi Tazawa in a Boston uniform than this piece of living shit. The kid has made 13 starts, pitched to a 3.15 ERA in AA ball, a WHIP of 1.164 and a 3 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio. He can actually throw a fucking strike regularly.

They've set it up so that Smoltz pitches in this asshole's spot and made no reference to the asshole's next start. So at least there is hope that the talk about a six man rotation was dependent on the asshole actually pitching as he is supposedly capable, and not an absolute intent to keep all six. So I am optimistic that they will make a fucking move soon, one way or the other.

After checking some comments on sonsofsamhorn.net site, Dan's comments are downright mild! :excited:

I missed my chance to look super smart before the series started and say I the Sox were going to sweep the Braves. I was figuring 2 blowouts then with Jurrjens on the mound Sunday, a 2-1 loss.

Man, Dice-K (Dick-K, Dan?) really sucks. And we let him off the hook in the first. Only the braves could have the bases loaded, with no outs, and not score any more runs.

Kenshin Kawakami has something like a 3.15 ERA when pitching with 5 days rest. Also pitched great against Roy Halladay. Any numbers like that for Dice-K???

And do you guys see how dumb Bobby Cox is??? Mike Gonzalez pitched against the reds yesterday, pitched tonight as well. Soriano pitched both games as well. What the hell do the braves do if they somehow have lead in the next two games??? We have 2 guys who can close, they both have been used in blowout wins on back to back nights. Brilliant he is... :rolleyes:

The motherfucking bats went silent against two mediocrities (sorry but unless you're name is Halladay or Verlander, no one who fits into the "half-way decent" category should win so easily at Fenway) and unless they get their shit together, there could very well be a sweep this weekend.

The motherfucking bats went silent against two mediocrities (sorry but unless you're name is Halladay or Verlander, no one who fits into the "half-way decent" category should win so easily at Fenway) and unless they get their shit together, there could very well be a sweep this weekend.

I won't argue that Kawakami is anything other than half-way decent, but Ricky Nolasco was predicted to win the Cy Young this year by Gammons. Got off to a terrible start, sent to the minors, but has a 2.50 ERA for June.

Bobby Cox is still alive!!!??? Who knew?

:rofl:

Some days it feels like he passed around 1998....

Kerry Wood sucks whatever....

Asked to get only 3 outs from the bottom of the Cubs order, and can't get it done. This guy is no different than Bob Wickman, or Fausto Carmona (as closer), or (last Tribe year) Jose Mesa.

How tough can it be?

Closer spot in Cleveland has been cursed...

Thought I'd start paying a bit more attention to AL baseball, but maybe I shouldn't. Life is too short (and the late innings too long).

And I'm way confused by the fact that I had the WGN broadcast. I understood that Fox had an exclusive on national broadcasts all day Saturday until 7 PM. When I signed up last year for MLB.TV, the blackout rules were explained as such - no internet TV feed until 7 PM on Saturdays, or for that matter, after 8 PM on Sundays, unless its in your market.

Now that we switched from DirectTV to Comcast, I get Sunshine Network broadcasts, and I was confused a few weeks ago when we got a Saturday 1 PM broadcast of a Rays - Red Sox game. Obviously south Florida isn't the Rays "local" market. :wacko:

Color me confused, but not complaining.

And indeed, Matzu-SUCKA will miss his next start and have a full battery of tests with the team doctor.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...zaka_bumpe.html

Thank God. Next step is to find something, anything, WHATEVER, to put him on the D.L.

Well, they didn't put it to him like I'd have put it to him, but now he is on the 15 day D.L., with no timetable for a return.

Daisuke Matsuzaka has been placed on the 15-day DL, Red Sox manager Terry Francona said on Sunday, and he hinted it could take months for the struggling righty to recover.

"It's not going to be a two-week DL thing," said Francona. "We have a lot of work ahead of us to get him back to being Daisuke."

Matsuzaka had an MRI done yesterday that showed "a little bit of weakness in his shoulder," but there is no true structural damage.

"We don't know all the specifics yet, but it's not an injury (that has led to his struggles)," said Francona.

Matsuzaka will be sent to the Red Sox spring training complex in Florida when he begins his rehab. There is no timetable for his return

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...as/extra_bases/

Ha-lay-FUCKING-lu-jah! Now if Smoltz has trouble or they decide to give Beckett or Wake a little rest, Buchholz will get his shot, and then Bowden and in an emergency, Masterson. Sounds good to me.