Get ready to be dressed...

Vincent, Paris

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and it's just the beginning of a whole line :

"we are truly honored to announce that starting next month we will introduce blue note by ropeadope - an entire line of t-shirts, jackets and accessories based on the legendary blue note history book. the first page? classic album art remixed." (from ropeadope website)

Wow, it's the 70s all over again!

I say that because there was this cat in Denton back then who found one of those "custom t-shirt" stores (you know, the kind that would put whatever catchy saying or slogan you wanted on a t-shirt, don't know if they still exist these days) that had the technology to xerox an album cover, turn it into an iron-on transfer, and then put it on a t-shirt. Well, this cat was a big UNITY freak, so one day he shows up wearing a UNITY t-shirt, and everybody just went apeshit. A mini-fad followed.

But THESE - these look like true professional jobs. Those old ones had an annoying habit of the transfers wearing away REALY quickly after a few washings.

Edited by JSngry

I say that because there was this cat in Denton back then who found one of those "custom t-shirt" stores (you know, the kind that would put whatever catchy saying or slogan you wanted on a t-shirt, don't know if they still exist these days) that had the technology to xerox an album cover, turn it into an iron-on transfer, and then put it on a t-shirt. Well, this cat was a big UNITY freak, so one day he shows up wearing a UNITY t-shirt, and everybody just went apeshit. A mini-fad followed.

Is this rare in the US? I know a copyshop next town who will print ANYTHING on a tee shirt or sweatshirt of your choice, as long as you have it as a data file on floppy disk or CDR, including, of course, Blue Note LP covers .... and it's not expensive! And it doesn't wear out!

No. Its not rare at all. I'm sure its the same in the UK. It is rare for someone to have the initiative to have their very own unique t-shirt printed. That's all. It isn't difficult to find a screen print shop.

This is probably a USA phenomenon. A store called Urban Outfitters. They basically reprint t-shirts that read "Don't Mess With Texas" or "Jesus Yellow on green with an outline of the state boundary. T-shirt sells for just under $20.

You can buy an authentic CBGB t-shirt for the same price, plus it is already worn in!

If you are interested in iron-ons, you are going to have to find an underground source, or you can buy a kit to print out on your desktop HP printer.

Here's a great Urban Outfitters t. As seen on Sabado Night Live worn by Justin Timberlake. Also seen on Punk'd worn by, yes, I believe so, Brittany Spears.

$20? Sorry. My price is $28. This ain't ebay, sucka. Oh, by the way... Jesus is my homeboy.

I want one of those Steely Dan T-shirts.

They got the house on the corner

With the rug inside

They got the booze they need

All that money can buy

They got the shapely bods

They got the Steely Dan T-shirt

And for the coup-de-gras

They're outrageous

Outrageous!

Edited by wesbed

• 1 month later...