Report: Michael Jackson has died

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't read every post, so sorry if this has already been said. But, once again the morning shows show what whorish putzes they are by filling every second with this. Fuck them, they could care less about Michael Jackson, his fans, or anything else besides ratings, despite crocodile tears.

When will Matt Lauer be done away with? When will this country grow up and have respect for themselves and their own icons even?

When will Matt Lauer be done away with?

Please, no time soon...I couldn't take the wall-to-wall "heartfelt farewells".

Or did you just mean canned?

If you can get someone to do the job......

Can they at least whack his hair? :rolleyes:

Edited by fasstrack

I'm working from home tomorrow morning to avoid the traffic. I drive past Forest Lawn on my way from work and already tonight there were dozens of news trucks and hundreds of people gathering just to... wait.

I live about ten minutes from Staples Center, and was debating whether to take teh subway there tomorrow morning just to see what it might be like. But now they are telling everyone to stay away, and I've come to my senses.

Every time in the past where everyone has panicked over crowds in LA (such as teh '84 Olympics), it's never turned out to be a problem, since enough people get scared away.

I watched the memorial service on TV and thought it was a very fitting tribute to the man. Some excellent speeches and performances. His daughter Paris spoke briefly at the end but couldn't finish because she was too distraught. It was very sad.

I didn't watch it but did see some news reports. It looked about like what I expected, a circus.

The City of Los Angeles was in no position to shell out the $3-4 million it cost. What a waste. Maybe dude did deserve a the royal send off, but it should have been paid for by either his family, friends, fans, record company or whoever, not with tax funds. L.A. has like a half billion dollar budget deficit and continues with layoffs and cuts. This is a bad (yet very common) example of City government at work.

Sorry to piss on the parade, but life goes on.

The City of Los Angeles was in no position to shell out the $3-4 million it cost. What a waste. Maybe dude did deserve a the royal send off, but it should have been paid for by either his family, friends, fans, record company or whoever, not with tax funds.

I tend to agree with this sentiment, but then again, think of the tens of millions of dollars that he likely paid in taxes to LA. I may be wrong about that though as perhaps he didn't pay to LA proper.

The City of Los Angeles was in no position to shell out the $3-4 million it cost. What a waste. Maybe dude did deserve a the royal send off, but it should have been paid for by either his family, friends, fans, record company or whoever, not with tax funds.

I tend to agree with this sentiment, but then again, think of the tens of millions of dollars that he likely paid in taxes to LA. I may be wrong about that though as perhaps he didn't pay to LA proper.

the City is not going to shoulder the total expense. supposedly, they will get help from AEG, the Jackson family and from other public and private donations.

So it was a postmortem refund? ;)

the City is not going to shoulder the total expense. supposedly, they will get help from AEG, the Jackson family and from other public and private donations.

Really? Because thus far AEG has been very noncommittal.

After seeing the Jackson family Rolls Royce parade pictures tonight, I think seeking donations from the general public is a classless act. His family should be paying a minimum of half with AEG paying the other. I suspect though, his family won't pay squat.

I still find it astonishing (but not really) that anyone gives a rat's ass about any of this.

I was talking to someone tonight who relayed the following theory:

A couple of behavioral scientist-type guys did a study that showed the portion of the human brain that actually focuses on long-term problems is very small, and not easily stimulated. But the part of the brain that focuses on immediate problems is very large, and very easily stimulated. This is a result of all the running away from wild beasts we did back in the day, while still evolving. (Immediate problem = avoid getting eaten by wild beast. Long term problem = none.)

So, if you tell someone today that there's a 99% chance of a nuclear attack sometime in the next 10 years, they say, "Eh, whatever." But if you point out a garden snake in the yard, they freak out.

And this is basically why people get into a lather over Michael Jackson, sobbing and weeping and OMG, OMG, (the garden snake), but don't really worry too much about something like health care, to pick a random long-term problem.

(In the HO of at least two anonymous behavioral scientists out there somewhere).

So, what you're saying is that there is a massive outbreak of Michael Jackson Zombie fear? I don't get the correlation.

I think that's it. What's important (not necessarily what's dangerous) is whatever happens to be directly in front of our noses. It's "relative" importance in the grand scheme of things is lost. We're programed that way.

Or so say the behavioral scientists.