Report: Michael Jackson has died

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even Mark in Indiana knows PeteAbe. He happens to write the most popular baseball blog in New York: Lower Hudson Valley AKA Journal-News "LoHud" baseball blog

I happen to live in Westchester County, but wouldn't be caught dead reading that rag!

The sports reporting has won more AP awards in the last three years than any other paper in NY.

I've never owned a Michael Jackson product.

When Thriller came out I was in a cover band named Difficult to Cure. We played ROCK.

:lol:

I hope you were playing "Fracture" and "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part 2" :)

No...that band was a rock band - Zep, ZZ, Purple, Sabbath, Rainbow - named after the Rainbow album. The tune Difficult to Cure is Blackmore's instrumental version of the choral from Beethoven's 9th symphony. We never did get a singer. :rsmile:

Even Mark in Indiana knows PeteAbe. He happens to write the most popular baseball blog in New York: Lower Hudson Valley AKA Journal-News "LoHud" baseball blog

I happen to live in Westchester County, but wouldn't be caught dead reading that rag!

The sports reporting has won more AP awards in the last three years than any other paper in NY.

That may be so, but the Journal News is still a rag.

Anyway, at least we know there will be a Michael Jackson week on Idol next year!!!

Btw, MJ shared a birthday with Charlie Parker, Dinah Washington, Rebecca DeMornay and ..........ME!!!

How does that make you all feel? :)

I've never owned a Michael Jackson product.

When Thriller came out I was in a cover band named Difficult to Cure. We played ROCK.

:lol:

I hope you were playing "Fracture" and "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part 2" :)

No...that band was a rock band - Zep, ZZ, Purple, Sabbath, Rainbow - named after the Rainbow album. The tune Difficult to Cure is Blackmore's instrumental version of the choral from Beethoven's 9th symphony. We never did get a singer. :rsmile:

I was just razzing you based on what I know of your tastes in music.

Can you play "Fracture"........if you really focused? :)

No, but I haven't tried in almost 20 years.

Fripp, baby, what an inventive guitarist............and yet another musician who is worshipped despite his being a prick by all accounts!

Fripp, baby, what an inventive guitarist............and yet another musician who is worshipped despite his being a prick by all accounts!

He never had a ranch with a zoo.

He never had a ranch with a zoo.

Probably why he's so pissed at the world :)

You wouldn't call, for example, the missed opportunity for Louis Armstrong and Bix Beiderbecke to record together tragic?

Well, in the strict sense of the word, no, clearly not. Not tragic.

In the much, much broader and looser sense that most people use, then yeah, maybe.

I think Peter Abraham, Yankee beat writer, got it right:

The airport televisions all have CNN on and there is nothing but Michael Jackson coverage. Carlos Diaz, who apparently is an entertainment reporter, just told Larry King that, “the world is waking up to the enormity of this tragedy. None of us will ever be the same again.”

OK, Carlos, calm down. This is not Sept. 11. Elvis Presley and Buddy Holly died and we managed to figure it out. These things happen.

Carlos Diaz, on the other hand, hasn't a clue in his celebrity-obsessed head.

I'm feeling charitable today, so I'll just assume that Diaz ran out of things to say, or just got carried away in the moment and doesn't really believe that shit. On the other hand, he could just be the world's biggest ass pimple...

Umm, a guy named John Lennon fits in there somewhere. No dis to Michael to note that Lennon's legacy was larger in both scope and volume. Let's not undervalue Quincy Jones contribution to Jackson's adult period. But make no mistake, a great and tortured soul has passed.

Agree, but Jack's death has many parallels with Elvis's, including (but not limited to) iconic status as a solo performer and weird sexual fetishes.

Lennon's death has more in common with Kennedy's, in terms of who he was, what he represented (real or imagined) and how he died.

...No one here can claim to know for sure whether or not he molested children.

It's my recollection that he admitted to sleeping with young boys. He just denied molesting them when he was in bed with them.

That's enough to make me disregard whatever talent he had, and whatever music he created.

...No one here can claim to know for sure whether or not he molested children.

It's my recollection that he admitted to sleeping with young boys. He just denied molesting them when he was in bed with them.

That's enough to make me disregard whatever talent he had, and whatever music he created.

That and the fact that he paid millions of dollars to the family of the boy, who then refused to testify in the criminal case.

No, we can't claim to know, but the circumstantial evidence sure seems to suggest it pretty clearly.