Stomp Off, Let's Go...

EKE BBB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. I discovered Chris' new blog a couple of weeks ago and what a treat it is. I sure miss his presence on this site. The right wing rednecks who seem intent on taking over Organissimo have become a huge pain in the ass. I really can't understand people who hold those views listening to jazz. The very idea is oxymoronic. Most of the musicians I've talked to over the years seemed pretty apolitical but I doubt that many - Lionel Hampton being the only exception I can think of - ever voted Republican.

Right. I discovered Chris' new blog a couple of weeks ago and what a treat it is. I sure miss his presence on this site. The right wing rednecks who seem intent on taking over Organissimo have become a huge pain in the ass. I really can't understand people who hold those views listening to jazz. The very idea is oxymoronic. Most of the musicians I've talked to over the years seemed pretty apolitical but I doubt that many - Lionel Hampton being the only exception I can think of - ever voted Republican.

Sorry to fail to live up to your utopian vision but I love jazz every bit as much as you. That fact is not oxymoronic. What is moronic is you, sir.

:mellow: I don't always agree with Dan :party: but your post is just not a bit right!....and btw, this is not the political thread...don't ruin the few actual music threads with your politics.

m

Edited by sheldonm

Dan: Don Brown is definitely not a moron. But I have to say that it's a bit risky to make assumptions about the politics of those who love jazz. One might be surprised. I discipline myself to studiously avoid the political threads on this site.

Perhaps not but I find his assertions about who is and who isn't qualified to be a jazz fan incredibly offensive. "Moronic" was far and away the gentlest thing I could say about what I think of his ideas.

Don gave us a very rewarding recount of the Bird/Diz/Bud Massey Hall concert at which he was present, so in my mind, he's earnded the respect a "veteran" is entitled to, which doesn't mean not disagreeong, but does mean doing so in a "polite" manner.

In fact, I will do so - Don, love ya' man, but your experiences and mine are different in this regard. I know more than a few "conservative" jazz fans, and although, yes, some of their utterances make me wonder how they can love the same music as I do, I look around at the world, see all sorts of "opposites attracting" and come to the conclusion that love is indeed strange, and that matter of the jheart (of which a love of music is indeed one) do not alwyas follow a linear, "rational" path.

Besides, better to have one thing in common with somebody than nothing at all, right?

You guys (some of you, anyway) are giving a golden example of why Chris probably split. Can't anyone at least disagree without name-calling? It's like everyone came from broken, f&*ed-up homes and can only communicate by arguing. Music fans especially ought to know better.

Now I'll check out Chris's site.

I'd like to point out that Chris has left every jazz forum he's been a part of. So let's not blame this site for his departure. I'd like him to post here too but that's his choice.

Thanks for linking the blog.

If you're responding to what I said, specifically, I wasn't defending him or his actions here, just lamenting the childish bickering and name-calling I see on all web forums and mostly ignore. For the record, though I myself like and get along with Chris, I thought the way he split probably wasn't the classiest.

If, on the other hand, you were not responding to me specifically, I've already saved you the trouble and gone and f%^ed myself :party::crazy:

Edited by Jim Alfredson

I like Chris very much--but I want it to be known that in my opinion Jim Alfredson has dealt with every altercation on this board in a fair, honest, and classy manner, and he has my utmost respect and trust. Thank you, Jim, for how you moderate your site.

I miss reading Chris' posts about music, so the blog will definitely be my fix. Thanks for posting the link, EKE BBB.

Yes indeed.

Actually, I'm still hoping that Chris will eventually decide to come back. Didn't he do something like this before? Unless my memory is playing tricks (entirely possible) I seem to recall him getting mad about something, leaving angrily, then apparently deciding to let bygones be bygones and coming back. So it could happen again. Maybe.

Wow. This is now the most idiotic thing I have ever read on this forum. Amazing.

Right. I discovered Chris' new blog a couple of weeks ago and what a treat it is. I sure miss his presence on this site. The right wing rednecks who seem intent on taking over Organissimo have become a huge pain in the ass.

And who might these nefarious rednecks be?

I can think of one person who might fit that description, but that's about it. So one person has taken over the entire board? That one person is confined mainly to the political forum, so if it bothers you that much, don't go in there. And if you have no self-control, then I can make it so you cannot see the political forum at all.

I did a poll to settle this once and for all:

free jazz players and lovers:

76% Democrats

18% Republicas

4 % Jim Jones Followers

1% Tristano-ites

1% The Church of Nessa

Dixielanders:

104% Republicans

12% Libertarians

.878 % Beastialilty Party

Beboppers

76% Drug addicts

22& More drug addicts

2% Sex addicts

Bass Players

65% Don't Vote

35% Didn't Understand the Question

Edited by AllenLowe

Right. I discovered Chris' new blog a couple of weeks ago and what a treat it is. I sure miss his presence on this site. The right wing rednecks who seem intent on taking over Organissimo have become a huge pain in the ass.

And who might these nefarious rednecks be?

I can think of one person who might fit that description, but that's about it. So one person has taken over the entire board? That one person is confined mainly to the political forum, so if it bothers you that much, don't go in there. And if you have no self-control, then I can make it so you cannot see the political forum at all.

pm sent, would somebody be so kind and tell me when bixie is banned, think i'd like to switch back then...