Threadgill and Air

JETman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jazzloft is also accepting preorders for the Threadgill set.

https://www.jazzloft.com/p-52714-complete-novuscolumbia-recordings.aspx

Interesting......

What's interesting is that they can sell and ship it cheaper than Mosaic can:

Henry Threadgill - Complete Novus/Columbia Recordings (Mosaic)

Price: $136.95 with $5.19 shipping in the U.S.

Pre-order now. Releases October 1, 2010. BUY IT HERE

Really looking forward to this one--going to be quite an autumn/winter if the Sam Rivers and Ellington sets materialize as well.

Sam Rivers and Ellington sets??? I guess I've missed something.

:mellow:

See here:

Thanks bb.

The Jazzloft is also accepting preorders for the Threadgill set.

https://www.jazzloft.com/p-52714-complete-novuscolumbia-recordings.aspx

Interesting......

They offer the set for the same price but they charge lower price for the shippment.

The upcoming Henry Threadgill Mosaic set can be pre-ordered now. It is scheduled to be released at the end of September and it will have 8 CDs. Sony engineer Mark Wilder did the mastering.

discography

247.jpg

Had it; already waiting for Ahmad Jamal's one. Now these are two different artists.

I met Henry in april, afther an awesome Zooid performance; kindly signing all the cd covers I had with me he talked about this incoming Mosaic box and its very good booklet essay.

• 3 weeks later...

Believe it or not, I think somebody at Mosaic actually fat-fingers in the on-line version of the discography. I've found quite a few discrepancies between what's there and what's printed in my big booklets and CD tray cards. Hard to believe in this day and age.

Does this mean it's being shipped?

Believe it or not, I think somebody at Mosaic actually fat-fingers in the on-line version of the discography. I've found quite a few discrepancies between what's there and what's printed in my big booklets and CD tray cards. Hard to believe in this day and age.

Does this mean it's being shipped?

No, I was referring to newly released sets within the last 3-4 years.

How many of you guys know this music already? Or are you just replacing your LPs?

Apart from the unreleased X-75 session, I have all the music in one form or another ie CDs, CD-Rs & LPs. It's music I keep returning to and I'm really pleased to see it available again.

How many of you guys know this music already? Or are you just replacing your LPs?

Apart from the unreleased X-75 session, I have all the music in one form or another ie CDs, CD-Rs & LPs. It's music I keep returning to and I'm really pleased to see it available again.

I have all the cds too, even the CD-R edition of X-75 part 1. At DMG New York they said it was sold them by Threadgill himself. Anyway, I long waited for this Mosaic as I did with the great Braxton one. Ordered mine a few days ago, and just received shipment confirm today.

I can't buy this just for three unissued tracks...

It's great that so much HT is currently available - the Black Saint set, this one, and odds and ends elsewhere.

PS just in case you never googled it here is a useful HT discography: http://discography.backstrom.se/threadgill/

Edited by David Ayers

• 3 years later...

The recent passing of Steve Backer reminded me of Threadgill's Mosaic box. I never picked it up, but I think I have to put it back on my radar. It's a little pricey, but I'm SURE it's well worth it.

But........no hurry, I guess.

[This set is on backorder and is expected to be available in the second half of 2014]