Great Erroll Garner Box Set Deal

RDK

The deal's back up! Well, not quite as good as before, but now Newbury Comics has it for $9.99 (plus $2.98 shipping):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...p;condition=new

Still a helluva deal. Make hay while the sun shines!

The main Newbury site says this is back-ordered, but the deal is still up on Amazon. I figure it is worth a shot.

The deal's back up! Well, not quite as good as before, but now Newbury Comics has it for $9.99 (plus $2.98 shipping):

The main Newbury site says this is back-ordered, but the deal is still up on Amazon. I figure it is worth a shot.

That occurs fairly often--Newbury's Amazon Marketplace stock and/or price is not always the same as what's reflected on the Newbury site.

Also, mine has apparently shipped! :excited: Amazon has switched over to a new procedure for most of its Marketplace sellers (including Newbury), so that it doesn't actually charge your credit card--and send you a notice of same--until it has been notified by the Marketplace seller that the item has actually shipped. The order also displays in your order history as "open," and not "completed," until that occurs. I got one of those charging notices from Amazon today, and the order now shows as "completed."

This is a significant improvement to the Marketplace system, although Amazon doesn't seem to have done much to publicize it.

That occurs fairly often--Newbury's Amazon Marketplace stock and/or price is not always the same as what's reflected on the Newbury site.

Also, mine has apparently shipped! :excited: Amazon has switched over to a new procedure for most of its Marketplace sellers (including Newbury), so that it doesn't actually charge your credit card--and send you a notice of same--until it has been notified by the Marketplace seller that the item has actually shipped. The order also displays in your order history as "open," and not "completed," until that occurs. I got one of those charging notices from Amazon today, and the order now shows as "completed."

This is a significant improvement to the Marketplace system, although Amazon doesn't seem to have done much to publicize it.

I'm not sure about that. After the Mosaic debacle, I've had a couple of orders that were charged a week after ordering, and then another ten days later I got a refund, and I still believe that the item listed was never really in stock with the vendors. I guess if a vendor just tells Amazon to charge, they do so, regardless if the vendor actually has shipped the item or not. Refunds, however, have never been a problem for me, I always got them. But it's still a doubtful business practice in my opinion.

But back on topic: seems my Garner box is on its way, too! Cool!

Amazon has switched over to a new procedure for most of its Marketplace sellers (including Newbury), so that it doesn't actually charge your credit card--and send you a notice of same--until it has been notified by the Marketplace seller that the item has actually shipped. The order also displays in your order history as "open," and not "completed," until that occurs. I got one of those charging notices from Amazon today, and the order now shows as "completed."

I'm not sure about that. After the Mosaic debacle, I've had a couple of orders that were charged a week after ordering, and then another ten days later I got a refund, and I still believe that the item listed was never really in stock with the vendors. I guess if a vendor just tells Amazon to charge, they do so, regardless if the vendor actually has shipped the item or not.

Here's more about the new Amazon Marketplace "Charge When Ship" program:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/dis...8309&sr=1-3

Not sure it applies to all sellers yet, although that appears to be the goal. Also, I think you're right that it's still dependent on the accuracy of the sellers' reports to Amazon that the orders have been shipped. Still, it's definitely an improvement over the old system, and for the sellers from whom I've made recent purchases (Newbury Comics, Import CDs, etc.), it seems to be working.

Edited by Ron S

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...