Has the edit function been changed?

mikeweil

Maybe I just missed up on this, but I noticed the edit button is available only for a limited period of time after the initial post. I can think of the reasons for this, but in the case of the Signup list for the Blindfold test or the Album of the Week list this means quoting or posting again instead of conveniently having the one important post at the beginning ...

If I missed the announcement of this (minor) change, please point or link me to it. Thanks!

• 11 months later...

QUESTION: Is it possible (or desirable) to change the board settings so that posts could be edited for a short time after they're posted without getting that irritating... This post has been edited by Meathead on Mar 10 2004, 10:17 AM ?

QUESTION:  Is it possible (or desirable) to change the board settings so that posts could be edited for a short time after they're posted without getting that irritating... This post has been edited by Meathead on Mar 10 2004, 10:17 AM ?

Nope.

Sorry. It's either on or off.

Gotcha.