We have a name for our new kitty -- Nikita!!

My wife and I are all set to bring this sweet kitty home from a local animal shelter tomorrow, and we need to come up with a name for her.

Our other cat (also a female) is named Pepper, so we need a name that doesn't sound too similar.

My wife picked her out (she's always liked gray cats), so you'll have to sell my wife on the name.

Ideas??

KS07.15559259-2-pn.jpg

Edit: Some ideas we're coming up with: Smokey, Misty, Sophie, Sasha, and more as we think of them.

post-171-126964024522_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cat we got a few months ago has yellow eyes. We named him El Andy after the character in the Showtime series Weeds, but if I had to do it over again, I'd name him Farcas. He has yellow eyes, for cryin' out loud. One of our dogs is named Ralphie, so it would have meshed well with the Christmas Story motif. BTW, good luck getting your wife to go along, even if you like the idea.

Looks like a Russian Blue - growing up we had two of them (not at the same time). First one was adopted as an adult with the name "Blue" who was very stand-offish but became an incredible, cuddly companion, he even grew to not only tolerate but to give little kisses to Chauncey, our 80 pound Irish Setter.

After Blue died, Mom wanted another cat (everyone else was in college or living on their own) and found another Russian Blue (she had a white spot in the middle of the chest just like this one). Natasha seemed like a good name but she didn't turn out to be a very nice cat, barely tolerated Mom and hated everyone else.

Beautiful cat!

I never name a cat until I've had it around for a few weeks; usually a name suggests itself. Although, admittedly, if I'd waited a bit longer Gummitch would be named Sharp Fanged Terror...

laugh.gif

Countess

Greyscale

Samantha (witch cat)

Beautiful cat!

I never name a cat until I've had it around for a few weeks; usually a name suggests itself. Although, admittedly, if I'd waited a bit longer Gummitch would be named Sharp Fanged Terror...

I'm with Moose. The cat will properly introduce itself to you after she settles in for a bit. You'll just start calling her by a name that becomes obvious after you've been around her for a little while.

:)

Nice going with the adoption. :tup

Edited by papsrus

I'm with Moose. The cat will properly introduce itself to you after she settles in for a bit. You'll just start calling her by a name that becomes obvious after you've been around her for a little while.

:)

Agreed. I've had a fair number of dogs and cats over the years, and other than two purebred Pugs who came already attached to their registered AKC names and Ralphie, which was already perfect, I've always lived with the animals for awhile before I gave them names. I also have a book of pet names that's been helpful. That's how we decided on Cookie for our English Mastiff. We'd had her for about three weeks when I happened to be looking through the book and it just jumped out at me.

Agreed. I've had a fair number of dogs and cats over the years, and other than two purebred Pugs who came already attached to their registered AKC names and Ralphie, which was already perfect, I've always lived with the animals for awhile before I gave them names.

We had a Pug, too! :excited: Called him Toby, though it wasn't his registered name (which I forget now - he died 17 years ago). We thought, "just 'cos a pet comes with a registered name is no reason to adhere to it".

Pugs are WONDERFUL!

MG