Lena Horne dies at 92

B. Goren.

She always struck me as a very classy lady. I remember years ago watching Ed Bradley interview her on 60 Minutes. Let's just say he was clearly under her spell. Here's a nice retrospective put together by CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/05/10/obit.lena.horne/index.html?hpt=C1

Oh yeah, the chemistry between Ed and Lena was amazing! I saw that again when he died...just amazing!

I was trying to find a clip of her in a bubble bath that was considered too sexy from Cabin in the Sky(which didn't make a lot of sense, because it was used in an MGM Short) but couldn't find it.

Did find this nice clip, like the first song better, I guess since it's a better song!

I have to confess that, while I have many of her LPs, I didn't know about her early film contract and the limitations that came with it.

A good friend of mine once described her singing style as follows: "She sounds like she's going to jump out of the speakers and bite your nose off." I thought it was an apt description.

RIP.

Such a beautiful, strong, inspiring woman.

An incredible voice. A complete woman in every sense.

We will miss you Ms. Horne.

14 live video tribute in her honor.

http://jazzonthetube.com/videos/lena-horne/in-memory-of-lena-horne.html

I don't have to be an imitation of a white woman that Hollywood sort of hoped I'd become. I'm me, and I'm like nobody else. - Lena Horne

Edited by LesterPerkins