Hank's albums: split sessions: unusual for Bluenote?

would you guys say it was unusal for BN to split up dates, i mean, lee morgan never got that with his lps, but whats up w/ all the split mobley albums, the original NO ROOM, TURNAROUND, et al.....was that alfred lions decision, and why? i wonder why, cause, bluenote didnt do this to other albums, did they?

All (I think) from the 12" LP era, which ought to be the dividing line:

Kenny Dorham -- Afro Cuban

The Magnificent Thad Jones

Sonny Red -- Out of the Blue

Donald Byrd -- Byrd in Flight

Jackie McLean -- Jackie's Bag

Johnny Coles -- Little Johnny C

Tony Williams -- Life Time

Freddie Hubbard -- Blue Spirits

I suspect that the deal with "No Room For Squares" is that the 3/7/63 date, as great as it is, did not contain a funky "juke box" track, so the decision was made to spread the session over two LP's, each of which contained material from other dates. Hence, NRFS contains 2 tracks from the 3/7/63 date, and four tracks recorded 10/2/63, including the funky "Me 'n You". The next album, "The Turnaround", contains two more tracks from 3/7/63, plus 4 tracks recorded 2/5/65, including the prerequisite funky track "The Turnaround". All of this was sorted out in the 80's, when the remaining tracks from these dates were issued on "Straight No Filter" and on CD versions of of all 3 albums, with each session contained in its entirety in one place for the first time.

first one that comes to mind:

Horace Silver - Song for My Father

done in two sessions with two consecutive editions of the Horace Silver Quintet

Leo Parker - Rollin' with Leo

was also done in two dates, with different bassists & drummers.

Dexter Gordon - Landslide

was a best of two sessions compilation, with an added track from the great date with Kenny Drew.

Art Blakey - Buhaina's Delight

was done in two sessions (same line-up though)

Bu's "Indestructible" also added one tune from an earlier session.

And some of the Morgan/Shorter/Timmons editions albums were also compiled from different sessions (with Walter Davis on some tracks).

Also some Freddie Roach albums were done in two sessions (Mo' Greens Please, Good Move)

Tony Williams' "Life Time", too, but that's an unusual album for BN standards anyway, as it has varying line-ups.