Paypal Frustrations

Tom 1960

Up to recently I've had no issues using Paypal when making purchases online. A couple months ago I began encountering problems not being able to complete tranasctions, claiming my card is invalid. This is especially frustrating when I attempt to make purchases on eBay. I've had to contact the vendors asking if we could seek alternative solutions, like just mailing a check. There is nothing wrong with the card when I make numerous transactions on say Amazon, so what gives? The tough thing is that I own only 1 credit card. It helps keep me out of trouble and for the most part debt free which is important to me. Anyone else have similiar issues with Paypal? Let me say I did contact them over the phone, but they seemed unwilling to help me out. So much for customer service. :tdown

Edited by Tom 1960

When you did a transaction on paypal, did the money come from a bank account or your credit card? I thought once you reached a limit of charges on the credit card, all future transactions had to be paid out of a bank account?

Alternatively, maybe your credit card has a security feature that is blocking its being used by paypal.

Up to recently I've had no issues using Paypal when making purchases online. A couple months ago I began encountering problems not being able to complete tranasctions, claiming my card is invalid. This is especially frustrating when I attempt to make purchases on eBay. I've had to contact the vendors asking if we could seek alternative solutions, like just mailing a check. There is nothing wrong with the card when I make numerous transactions on say Amazon, so what gives? The tough thing is that I own only 1 credit card. It helps keep me out of trouble and for the most part debt free which is important to me. Anyone else have similiar issues with Paypal? Let me say I did contact them over the phone, but they seemed unwilling to help me out. So much for customer service. :tdown

Tom, I encountered this kind of problem a year ago and called the customer service department. Their service was great. They offered me to ask the vendor to send me an invoice and then to pay this specific invoice.

This solved the problem. Try this solution and let me know the result.

Just got off the phone with Paypal. For some reason my credit card was being proccessed as a debit card and not allowing the transaction. I'm not sure how that happened? We made the necessary changes as to how the card is processed and my account is now back up and running. Thanks guys for your help.

I just saw this thread. Another problem that exists with Paypal is once your old card expires and you are issued a new one and you try to use it, Paypal does not, I repeat DOES NOT automatically update your account. You have to update the expiration date and security code when you purchase something online right then or by logging on to your account. So in essence, this problem will happen again and again every year your card expires.

BruceW :cool:

I just saw this thread. Another problem that exists with Paypal is once your old card expires and you are issued a new one and you try to use it, Paypal does not, I repeat DOES NOT automatically update your account. You have to update the expiration date and security code when you purchase something online right then or by logging on to your account. So in essence, this problem will happen again and again every year your card expires.

BruceW :cool:

That just makes sense to me; I don't see it as a problem.

This is actually a positive Paypal story. Today I got an email from "Paypal" saying that there was a pending payment to CompUSA for $200 and that if I thought the charge was not legitimate I should follow the link to "my Paypal account" which included me signing in w/my password. I was suspicious and called Paypal- they said it was indeed a fraudulent email. The email looked very legitimate but I'm always suspicious when asked for passwords or other personal info. I never sign on to accounts via a provided link, I always open a new window and use my own link to check on my accounts.

This crap sure makes one paranoid about trusting any emails. I just assume everything is fraudulent.