Etta James - Rocks the House

Bright Moments

there's an interview with Ralph Bass in some book in which he explains about the bandage, but I'm not sure what book it is.

I've seen it too. I think it's either in "Honkers & shouters" by Arnold Shaw, or the sleeve notes to a compilation set of R&B records made in Nashville (which I haven't got - but I saved it on the computer but can't remember where).

MG

there's an interview with Ralph Bass in some book in which he explains about the bandage, but I'm not sure what book it is.

I've seen it too. I think it's either in "Honkers & shouters" by Arnold Shaw, or the sleeve notes to a compilation set of R&B records made in Nashville (which I haven't got - but I saved it on the computer but can't remember where).

MG

That wouldn't be the "A Shot in The Dark" Nashvile R&B set by Bear Family?

The accompanying book is a fat one but I cannot recall that Etta James was featured there. Neither was she on the Nashville R&B vinyl comps on the Krazy Kat label IIRC.

Was once invited to a party by an effects house who had done a lot of work on one of our films. I knew we were paying them too much a when I discovered that the entertainment was a SNL regular (who was terrible) and Etta James with her band. It was many years after this recoding but she was still great. What a night: pretty good dinner and then dancing to Etta James.