Anyone experienced in buying from blowitoutofhere?

Bol

I've had good experience with buying from Newbury Comics on Amazon. Am wondering whether people have had good experience with the Amazon seller called blowitoutahere. For instance, can one assume that they won't send a promo or cutout? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bol

I got the Braxton Iridium box from them for a very good price. The slipcase came a bit bent at the corner, perhaps thanks to the Post Office, perhpas the reason for the discount; not a big deal and I would buy from them again. I find I buy a fair amount from Newbury, MovieMars, and Import CDs, although there have been a couple of glitches with Import, again, nothing serious. Movie Mars is generally excellent. I have had only one really bad experience with an Amazon Z-Shop reseller; in fact, it was shockingly bad, so much so it put me off Amazon for a while. All I'll say here is that the guy operates out of Illinois, and sells books (which forms part of his business name) and CDs.

No problems with blowitoutofhere either. I usually go through the vendors listed above--Newbury, Movie Mars, and Import CDs--and blowitoutofhere seems to be just as good as them.

Leeway, I had a similar, truly awful experience, also with a vendor who has "Books" in his title, who also sells CDs, and whose title begins with a name similar to that of a popular cartoon bird character. :w:smirk:

No problems with blowitoutofhere either. I usually go through the vendors listed above--Newbury, Movie Mars, and Import CDs--and blowitoutofhere seems to be just as good as them.

Leeway, I had a similar, truly awful experience, also with a vendor who has "Books" in his title, who also sells CDs, and whose title begins with a name similar to that of a popular cartoon bird character. :w:smirk:

FoghornLeghornBooks?

Amazon prohibits sellers from selling promo CDs while one long time dealer I know said he was kicked out by Amazon for selling cutouts. Personally, I don't see the big deal about selling sawcut LPs or CDs, as they are often discontinued items rather than promos, so long as the dealer is specific about the cuts and the condition of the disc and cover/booklet.

I went round and round with half.com about a saw cut not necessarily being a promo to no avail. I haven't listed any sawcut items on Amazon, though saw of the sawcut items were things I acquired in the Oldies Fantasy clearance sale, which were obviously not promos. There's no arguing about the barcode stamps, punchouts and drilled UPCs, as those are inevitably promos.

I've made many great purchases from blowitoutahere, both through Amazon and directly through their own web site. Based on my fairly extensive experience with all 4, I'd put blowitoutahere at or near the top along with Newbury Comics, and then importcds and MovieMars slightly below (but still fairly reliable).

Incidentally, I always compare the Amazon Marketplace shipped prices of these sellers with the shipped prices on their own web sites, and often find that an item is cheaper on their web sites. And again, in my experience, customer service is the same either way.

I'd agree with everyone re Blowitoutahere - prompt & efficient service -> the only downside is international customers can't buy directly from their website

similarly good dealings (Amazon & directly via their websites) with Moviemars, import CD's (does anyone know why they will not ship OJC/Concord CD's out of the states - they have the best prices on these), Newbury Comics though shipping time from Newbury can be quite long to Australia (parcels appear to come via New Zealand)

My favourite online dealer at present is GROOVES-INC (Swiss based - no international shipping charges) - best place to get the recent Soul Note/Black Saint box sets (except for the Dixon & Russell's) & other euro/UK labels. Their OJC's/Concords (euro pressings) are also much cheaper than the states.

Another Amazon site I'd like to mention is the Classical Music superstore -> great place to get the Naxos Jazz icons DVD box sets (excellent after sales service - recently got the 1st box set as a birthday present & the Monk disc was faulty -> after a single email & new replacement disc was promptly shipped out)

Can anyone clarify the difference between a standard CD & a promo/cutout - is there actually any difference in sound quality between the Cd's?

Edited by romualdo

Can anyone clarify the difference between a standard CD & a promo/cutout - is there actually any difference in sound quality between the Cd's?

No sound quality difference whatsoever, just the blemishes to the artwork as described.

I'm big on Newbury Comics and -importcds. Have had nothing but good experiences with blowitoutofhere, but haven't gotten nearly as many from them as I have from -importcds. I've had a couple of not great experiences with MovieMars, tend to stay away from them if another reliable seller is in the same price ballpark, though they also are normally fine. I probably end up getting around 50% of my total Amazon purcases from -importcds at this point.

Agreed re: Movie Mars. Of all the companies mentioned, they're the worst at listing items they don't really have.

I'll use them only if the product is not available most notably from Newbury or Import Cds. I find the items tend to take longer to ship versus other vendors. Not a huge deal if I really want the item.

Another Amazon site I'd like to mention is the Classical Music superstore -> great place to get the Naxos Jazz icons DVD box sets (excellent after sales service - recently got the 1st box set as a birthday present & the Monk disc was faulty -> after a single email & new replacement disc was promptly shipped out)

Agreed. thumbs_up.gif Classical Music Superstore is actually Naxos of America, and is the US distributor of the labels it sells through Amazon Marketplace (Chandos, CPO, etc., in addition to Naxos, of course). Its prices are usually the lowest, and customer service is always top-notch. Fantastic source for the labels it sells, especially classical.