Are there any box bargains currently available?

My experience with MovieMars has been positive as well. Right now I'm concerned with an order placed with BlowItOutaHere. The order was placed 1/21 and supposedly shipped 1/24. It's been 10 days for something shipping from Kentucky to Minnesota? I'll relax for the time-being knowing there has been a lot of bad weather in the midwest lately but it makes you wonder when you've already received items on orders placed after the one in question.

My order was never shipped.

They just didn't have what they listed. It took me badgering them to find that out.

At least they've now taken it down from their site.

I've had pretty good luck with BlowItOuttaHere, so I just placed another order with them. It helps that I am looking for easy to find stuff. I wouldn't particularly trust them or MovieMars with the really rare orders.

I've noticed lots of Furtwangler boxes (too many to mention) and am waiting on a Membran box of his live recordings. I'll post back if it's any good.

I am slowly working my way through the Living Stereo box (and ripping for back up). Oddly, the only one that seems to have serious production flaws (to the point I would try to get a replacement copy had I ordered through Amazon) is Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique. As it so happens, this is one I ordered (as a stand-alone) a few years back. It would have been the only duplicate from the box with my other CDs (well, possibly also Heifetz Double Concertos). So I guess that means karma was watching out for me...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered 5 CDs after I ordered the BlowItOutaHere CD and I've already received all of them. It's not a hard-to-find CD and they are still offering it for sale on Amazon. I've ordered from them in the past with no problems. The outside delivery date for the CD is 2/14 which would make it 3 weeks from the date I ordered it. I've received orders from England in a shorter period of time. I'm optimistic that they'll take care of things if it doesn't show up without me having to file a claim through Amazon. Do you think I should contact them before 2/14? The CD was ordered 1/21 and was being shipped from KY to MN. If it was actually shipped, it shouldn't take that long.

Edited by mikelz777

I ordered 5 CDs after I ordered the BlowItOutaHere CD and I've already received all of them. It's not a hard-to-find CD and they are still offering it for sale on Amazon. I've ordered from them in the past with no problems. The outside delivery date for the CD is 2/14 which would make it 3 weeks from the date I ordered it. I've received orders from England in a shorter period of time. I'm optimistic that they'll take care of things if it doesn't show up without me having to file a claim through Amazon. Do you think I should contact them before 2/14? The CD was ordered 1/21 and was being shipped from KY to MN. If it was actually shipped, it shouldn't take that long.

Yeah, I would just contact them and see what they say. Depending on their response, say you'll follow up on 2/15.

Blowitoutahere doesn't send tracking links. MovieMars does. I have terrific experience with blowitoutahere, and especially their customer service. If you send them an email, I'm sure they'll respond appropriately.

If you order enough CDs (which I'm sure we all do), eventually one or more will get delayed or lost in the mail. It's inevitable. If you order from reputable places (which both MovieMars and Blowitoutahere are), they'll deal with it.

Incidentally, both of these places have telephone customer service, if you prefer to contact them that way, and I've always found them both to be quite helpful (through both telephone and email contact). But Blowitoutahere has the edge in terms of customer service.

Blowitoutahere: 1-877-491-0066

MovieMars: 1-800-213-8334

Everyone screws up eventually. shrug[1].gif

As I implied, MovieMars' customer service is a step below Blowitoutahere's, at least in my experience of probably hundreds of purchases from both (and as also reflected in their respective ratings/feedback on Amazon Marketplace).

By the way, I've also ordered many items directly from their own web sites, in addition to going through Amazon Marketplace. Sometimes, the prices are better that way--definitely worth checking out. MovieMars is usually a bit slower on shipping than Blowitoutahere, as well as in servicing returns, etc. All else being equal, I'll choose Blowitoutahere over MovieMars. But purchases from MovieMars do usually work out--just might take a bit longer (as you discovered).

If it ever happens again, you might try giving them a call (sometimes works better for me than email exchanges).

I finally received my BlowItOutaHere order, 16 days after having ordered it. It was sent via UPS Mail Innovations. I'm happy with the transaction and BlowItOutaHere but I have to say that I'm unimpressed with a 14-day delivery from Kentucky to Minnesota. I'll make a mental note for next time I order from them. Often great prices, but not very quick on the delivery. To their credit, their customer service was very prompt in responding to my inquiry on the delivery. I won't hesitate to use them again.

14-day domestic delivery from BlowItOutaHere is very unusual. My many shipments from them (Kentucky to Philly) have usually taken 3-4 business days. However, I've recently had shipments from BlowItOutaHere, MovieMars, and others take significantly longer than usual to get here. In tracking of some recent orders from MovieMars (which uses a DHL/USPS combination service similar to UPS Mail Innovations) and other sellers, I've noticed some shipments just sitting at certain hubs for several days without moving, and then suddenly moving quickly to Philly and my hot little hands.

Bottom line, you really can't generalize about these sellers or their delivery times from an isolated order or two. If you order from them regularly, you start to get a feel for their relative speed and reliability.

Edited by Ron S

I have had only good experience with Blowitoutahere in the past, so yesterday I ordered the Mahavishnu and McLaughlin Original Album Classics boxes (see post #321) from them.

I blame my bad experience on the Post Office, not on the retailer. If that's usually the case, I don't suppose it makes much difference which of the major Marketplace sellers you use.

By the way, yesterday I received an email from Amazon reminding me that if I ever receive the Sonny Prestige box, I should remember to ask them to charge me again. I responded that the seller (Newbury) is now offering that item for double what they charged me in December, and that I would be happy to pay my December price for another copy.

Here are eight Columbia albums:

Aretha Franklin - Original Album Classics (5 CDs) - $18.09

http://www.amazon.co...97127014&sr=1-3

Aretha Franklin - Original Album Classics (3 CDs) - $12.10

http://www.amazon.co...97127014&sr=1-1

I've posted this to the Aretha Columbia box thread, and I thought it would be appropriate to post it here too.

Here are eight Columbia albums:

Aretha Franklin - Original Album Classics (5 CDs) - $18.09

http://www.amazon.co...97127014&sr=1-3

Aretha Franklin - Original Album Classics (3 CDs) - $12.10

http://www.amazon.co...97127014&sr=1-1

GA - The first one listed isn't the pre-Atlantic Columbia stuff. It's post-Atlantic (I guess Aretha went to Arista IIRC). Seeing that Sony logo could certainly lead one to believe that it's Columbia material. The second listing IS Columbia material.

Oops!

I have had only good experience with Blowitoutahere in the past, so yesterday I ordered the Mahavishnu and McLaughlin Original Album Classics boxes (see post #321) from them.

I blame my bad experience on the Post Office, not on the retailer. If that's usually the case, I don't suppose it makes much difference which of the major Marketplace sellers you use.

My scheduled delivery dates were Feb. 11-16, and my order arrived today. That's the first time I've ever received an order from Amazon Marketplace that arrived before the first delivery date!

Anybody who ordered the discounted Peterson Mosaic from England get their copy yet in the States?

As I reported in the UK shipping thread, received mine today, my estimate is that I should have put my hands on it last week but the shipping notice never made it to my mailbox, a last warning actually arrived yesterday :bwallace:

Anybody who ordered the discounted Peterson Mosaic from England get their copy yet in the States?

As I reported in the UK shipping thread, received mine today, my estimate is that I should have put my hands on it last week but the shipping notice never made it to my mailbox, a last warning actually arrived yesterday :bwallace:

Bizarre ! Got my Peterson set within a couple of days here in the UK. Signed-for delivery included as well.