NFL 2012

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm not an NFL fan, I haven't been watching the games, and I don't have an opinion of the quality of the refs.

However, it seems to me that the use of replacement refs (in any league) invites widespread skepticism among fans, and thus tarnishes the image of the games and the league.

I truly don't understand why the NFL is penny-pinching with the refs. The best refs in any sport are harder to replace than most of the players.

Given tonight's debacle, I'd be surprised if the NFL refs and the league don't settle before Thursday night's game.

had the call been reversed, seattle fans may have rioted.

Actually, that thought did cross my mind, overturn the TD, and I think things would have gotten very ugly, very quickly.

THE NFL HAS DELIBERATELY AND INSTANTLY MORPHED INTO A BUSH LEAGUE, JUST A STEP OR TWO ABOVE THE WWE.

Hey wait a minute, let's not get carried away. You're insulting the NBA with this kind of talk. Lest we forget the great almighty NFL once allowed replacement player games to count in the standings. Crap, the way some people act you'd think Benjamin Franklin played in & founded the league or something.

That last touchdown was a completely bogus call, the worst call I've ever seen, just terrible.

I agree - worst call EVER!!

Burt far from the only really bad call in that game. I'm thinking in particular of the one where a Packer DB was called for pass interference on Sidney Rice when the only possible call, if one was to be made, was that Rice interfered with him. Those officials are way out of their league, and because they know it, they're getting worse and worse.

The NFL issued a statement today agreeing with the referees on the catch/interception.

However, their statement also included that there should have been an offensive pass interference call on Seattle WR Golden Tate for pushing a Green Bay player prior to his jumping up to attempt the catch.

If that had been correctly called, then the play is over at that point, and Green Bay correctly wins.

So in essence the NFL is acknowledging their replacement referees botched the entire play and cost GB the win, despite them agreeing that the refs somehow made the correct call that it was a catch and not an interception. :crazy:

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. If this continues, the acronym NFL (Not For Long) won't apply to its players, but to the league itself. I can't imagine any major sport in this country (and I'm excluding the NBA since it's already irretrievably out of control) giving itself a bigger black eye than pro football did last night.

The NFL issued a statement today agreeing with the referees on the catch/interception.

However, their statement also included that there should have been an offensive pass interference call on Seattle WR Golden Tate for pushing a Green Bay player prior to his jumping up to attempt the catch.

If that had been correctly called, then the play is over at that point, and Green Bay correctly wins.

So in essence the NFL is acknowledging their replacement referees botched the entire play and cost GB the win, despite them agreeing that the refs somehow made the correct call that it was a catch and not an interception. :crazy:

I don't care what the NFL says - it was an interception, not a catch.

Tate was nowhere near to a simultaneous catch.

Plus he's an arrogant S.O.B. - when asked about the push off, he said "don't know what you're talking about".

Pete Carroll has always been kind of an a-hole, so didn't expect anything sportsmanlike from him!!

Steve Young & Trent Dilfer said they were sickened by the course of events.

Edited by jlhoots