NFL 2012

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there ever been a talented/unbelievably sloppy team like the current Cowboys? Time to cut ties with Romo and Bryant and probably Garrett and change that team. I'm not even a Cowboys fan, but they're just horrible to watch.

I'm old school. I can never get enough Cowboy suffering...

What Jazzmoose said.

Jerry Jones is an idiot.

And not even a useful one.

And what's the deal with Romo anyway? First he's hot, then he's not.

What gives?

A couple of things, in my opinion:

A. He's always been a wildcatter (like Jerry Jones) who thrives while improvising. Sometimes that works well, sometimes not so well.

B. His offensive line this year is the worst in the NFL. Because of that there's no run game, and there's not much time for him to get passes off cleanly all the time. He got sacked 7 times yesterday, which weren't his fault.

C. His current crop of WRs just aren't that good:

• Dez Bryant had a big game yesterday, but can't be relied on to be where he's supposed to be on a route, ever.
  • Miles Austin is breaking down physically too much these days.
  • Ogletree was a flash in the pan, and can't be relied on either, like Bryant.
  • Witten tryed to play too soon, after lacerating his spleen in the preseason. He wasn't healthy, and couldn't catch the ball. He's finally rounded into shape, but he's not that fast, and doesn't do anything other than go down once he makes the catch these days.

D. Jason Garrett makes some strange, very predictable play calls. Not head coach material, let alone offensive coordinator.

Add that all up and it leads to Romo's interceptions, scrambling, sacks, etc.

Edited by Aggie87

Well, he's 4th all-time in NFL history in Passer Rating (behind Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, and Steve Young). And he's #1 all-time in the NFL in Net Yards per Pass Attempt. 6th all-time in Pass Completion %. So that means he's played relatively well all things considered.

He's remembered for his mistakes more than what he does well - mainly because he's the Dallas Cowboys QB, and also those mistakes often come in big games.

Edited by Aggie87

Well, he's 4th all-time in NFL history in Passer Rating (behind Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, and Steve Young). And he's #1 all-time in the NFL in Net Yards per Pass Attempt. 6th all-time in Pass Completion %. So that means he's played relatively well all things considered.

He's remembered for his mistakes more than what he does well - mainly because he's the Dallas Cowboys QB, and also those mistakes often come in big games.

That's what I'm talking about. The stats are there but the miscues loom large for this guy.

TBH...I just don't get that.