NFL 2012

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Jones has completely lost his mind by hiring Monte Kiffin defensive coordinator, what a stupid hire -- geesh, the USC defense was terrible under him. Maybe he thinks he hired Lane Kiffin, Jones is so totally out of it, it's amazing.

I'm not impressed with this hire either. Kiffin's getting a bit old to relate to today's players, IMO. Yes, he did good things a long time ago in Tampa Bay, but that was a long time ago. I'm not sure the Cowboys defense will adjust to this new direction.

My pre-playoff picks for the SB were NE and Seattle.

I now think Atlanta will defeat Seattle. Green Bay will defeat SF, which will set up a great NFC champ matchup.

I'm leaning towards a Baltimore upset over Denver; and I think NE will find a way to defeat the Texans a second time this season.

Freeze the kicker, eh?

Also "don't score too soon". Although 31 seconds left should have meant a Seattle win. My son always told me, "the prevent defense prevents you from winning"!!

I thought they had won the game when they scored. Passing up that easy three in the first half when they chose to go for the fourth down may have cost them. Still, that Wilson kid put on an amazing show.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the Seahawks are going to mop up Atlanta. I don't believe it.

Neither did I.

A paper tiger.

And Green Bay was only picked over the Niners because of Aaron Rogers. The Eastern media, once again, refuses to pick any team from the Bay Area.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Everyone seems to be assuming that the Seahawks are going to mop up Atlanta. I don't believe it.

Neither did I.

A paper tiger.

And Green Bay was only picked over the Niners because of Aaron Rogers. The Eastern media, once again, refuses to pick any team from the Bay Area.

Atlanta didn't exactly overwhelm Seattle.

Oh - & it's RODGERS

Niners lose to Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Neither did I.

A paper tiger.

Atlanta didn't exactly overwhelm Seattle.

Oh - & it's RODGERS

Niners lose to Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I dunno.

It was 27-3 at one point in the game, wasn't it? Hm.

As to the Niners they still have to beat Atlanta in Atlanta. Not a slam dunk.

The Pats, OTOH, will struggle mightily against the Ravens.

Yes, Pete Carroll made a few dumb calls in the game against Atlanta. Going for a touchdown at 4th-and-1, and not giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch. Installing the "prevent" defense at the end of the game. "Icing" the kicker. Change any of those, and the Seahawks would have won. It's really too bad because it would have been an extraordinary comeback victory.

Not to take anything away from the Falcons. They played well. They can probably beat S.F. and I wish them luck. But the Seahawks will be back next year, and better than ever.

If the Pats make it to SB they should face a team TBD and right before kickoff Eli strolls out.......

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything or I'd be cleaning up my keyboard now!!! That cracked me up!

Right after the last SB I saw Brady's face on the Dos Equis guy, and the caption was 'I don't often play the Giants in the Super Bowl, but when I do, I lose'