MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the world can a guy get popped for a DUI if he's parked and asleep?

I mean, doesn't the "D" in DUI stand for "Driving"? :blink:

In many (maybe most) states if the key is in the ignition (whether the engine is running) they'll get you for it. Once in a great while someone drunk gets into a car, puts the keys in the ignition but thinks the better of it and sleeps it off in the car. Because the keys are in the ignition and not in the pocket it can mean a headache if an officer finds the person this way.

I don't know the details but I imagine the investigation was led by what condition he was in when he drove to the cornfield.

In many (maybe most) states if the key is in the ignition (whether the engine is running) they'll get you for it. Once in a great while someone drunk gets into a car, puts the keys in the ignition but thinks the better of it and sleeps it off in the car. Because the keys are in the ignition and not in the pocket it can mean a headache if an officer finds the person this way.

I don't know the details but I imagine the investigation was led by what condition he was in when he drove to the cornfield.

Assuming that he did drive himself there, yes. There is no proof to that effect. He was asleep and stopped....and in a cornfield. Not many cars in a cornfield. DUI is a driving violation. Corn is an agricultural product. I'm not seeing a connection.

Thank God in my state, you actually have to be driving to get arrested for Driving Under the Influence. Hence, the term.

I think at most he should have been arrested for public intoxication, but there again, that is assuming corn can be considered "public".

Edited by GoodSpeak

The Mad Bum on the mound tonight vs Fister.

Maybe the Giants can keep it going...we'll see.

I am certain Fox's Eric "Dodger Boy" Karros will be picking the Giants to lose....again.

GO Giants!!!

it doesn't seem to be the tigers night again tonight. they aren't helping themselves.

it seems to me that pitchers should be required to wear, at the least, batting helmets, amd perhaps, helmets with a frontal cage.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

I can't see this going past five or six games. Giants just have to keep it close and get into Tigers bullpen. It's amazing to me they made it this far.

1351140073' post='1235229']

1351134953' post='1235217']

Jon Morosi of Fox Sports reports the Detroit Tigers & San Francisco Giants have set a new record for most foreign-born players to compete in a World Series with 20.==============

1st game winners capture 62% of world series.

Probably why I don't follow baseball like I did in the late 1970s and 1980s

Not sure why that would matter. Your team is your team. The players come and go but the team remains.

Assuming that he did drive himself there, yes. There is no proof to that effect. He was asleep and stopped....and in a cornfield. Not many cars in a cornfield. DUI is a driving violation. Corn is an agricultural product. I'm not seeing a connection.

Thank God in my state, you actually have to be driving to get arrested for Driving Under the Influence. Hence, the term.

I think at most he should have been arrested for public intoxication, but there again, that is assuming corn can be considered "public".

Was it his own cornfield? Might have made a difference.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8556809/report-joe-girardi-made-special-request-alex-rodriguez

New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi had the team's public address announcer leave out Alex Rodriguez's name when Eric Chavez pinch hit for the struggling slugger during the playoffs, according to a report on CBSSports.com....Yankees general manager Brian Cashman confirmed Girardi made the call to shield Rodriguez from further embarrassment, CBSSports.com reported.

Really?

Good point. Otherwise, assuming he didn't drive himself there, Mr. Fisk sure would have a bone to pick with whoever drove him into a field, pushed him into the drivers seat and left him there to sleep it off while said driver had a nice walk through the corn back home. Maybe Mr. FIsk and his friends enjoy pulling pranks on each other. Though of course there's no proof of that. <_<

Detroit's gone and gotten psyched out. You get psyched out about good-great pitching like the Giants got right now, you might as well not even bother playing.

It's cool to see Lincecum find his filthiness and to see Zito get some love, but man, this series just blows if you don't have a dog in it. This is what happens when a satanic team doesn't make the World Series. :lol:

Good point. Otherwise, assuming he didn't drive himself there, Mr. Fisk sure would have a bone to pick with whoever drove him into a field, pushed him into the drivers seat and left him there to sleep it off while said driver had a nice walk through the corn back home. Maybe Mr. FIsk and his friends enjoy pulling pranks on each other. Though of course there's no proof of that. <_<

There is no proof of driving. That is the key point.

The rest is pure conjecture.

If we are OK with popping people based on assumption, then what's next? Put a guy in jail because he lives on the same street the criminal does and simply upon the basis we can assume he had something to do with his criminal behavior because he knew the guy?

C'mon.

Looks like the NL is dominant again -- the way it should be.

And the way that it always is!

(except when it's not...)

I'm not ready to declare dominance over anything until the last dog dies.

It ain't over yet; Detroit is throwing Scherzer against Cain tonight. It will be a tough game for both teams.

GO Giants!!!

Edited by GoodSpeak