MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of all possible worlds - last evil team is eliminated, and now Tim is set up for the ultimate crushing disappointment. :g

But in the meantime, congrats to him and his Gigantes. :P

I will enjoy it while I can!

Scutaro for MVP!

Bring me the RAIN! I love the RAIN!

WOO-HOO!!!

Statistics....BAH!

i must wihdraw my premature condolences, and extend rainy and hearty and well earned congrats to the giants and their fans. what an amazing and surprising turnaround!!!!!!!!

:tup:g

WOO-HOO!!!

romofinalout.jpg

Edited by GoodSpeak

Since we mostly just complain about the coverage caps off to Fox for use of the super slow motion camera. It was great for showing bats busting (especially Hunter's wonky hit) and they ended up getting some great rain drop footage at the end out of it. Also (gasp) Tim McCarver made some points.

Call me a masochist, but I find that McCarver often makes some points...it's just how he makes them that continues to grate. But it wasn't always so, iirc. It's been quite a while since it hasn't been so,

And yes! to the super-slow-mo. Seeing a bat actually flex backwards when coming into contact with a well hit ball is uber-cool. But it's also scary as hell to see what a pitcher's elbow really goes through. My goodness!

Hunter's wonky hit

I was thinking at the time, if you could sum up the essence of Hunter Pence in one hit, that would be it.

Looks like Ozzie Guilen & Bobby Valentine have something in common - one year's employment when it was supposed to be more than that: http://www.lonestarball.com/2012/10/23/3544624/miami-marlins-fire-ozzie-guillen

That, and a total lack of surprise that it happened...

they would make a great broadcast team. they might be fighting in the booth.

Looks like Ozzie Guilen & Bobby Valentine have something in common - one year's employment when it was supposed to be more than that: http://www.lonestarb...e-ozzie-guillen

they would make a great broadcast team. they might be fighting in the booth.

Ozzie's probably the better pure fighter, but Valentine would punch you in the kidneys when you had you back turned, so....hmmmm....sounds like a pay-per-view!

Looks like Ozzie Guilen & Bobby Valentine have something in common - one year's employment when it was supposed to be more than that: http://www.lonestarball.com/2012/10/23/3544624/miami-marlins-fire-ozzie-guillen

TBH, the Ozzie Guilen firing doesn't surprise me. After he made that idiot Castro comment, I knew his days were numbered.

TBH, the Ozzie Guilen firing doesn't surprise me. After he made that idiot Castro comment, I knew his days were numbered.

I've always thought his last name was Guillen :)

Don't be too proud of yourself; these days it's not too difficult to make 2 Americans appear idiotic. Doesn't give me much hope for two weeks hence.

Looks like Ozzie Guilen & Bobby Valentine have something in common - one year's employment when it was supposed to be more than that: http://www.lonestarb...e-ozzie-guillen

If it matters to you, it's actually Guillén

So if it matters that much to you, get it all the way right. Otherwise, I'm getting new glasses in a few weeks and never will learn to type good, so proceed accordingly.

If it matters to you, it's actually Guillén

So if it matters that much to you, get it all the way right. Otherwise, I'm getting new glasses in a few weeks and never will learn to type good, so proceed accordingly.

I was just kidding. But seriously, I think it's a matter of respect to get names right and yes, you're right, I made an error too.

Well, yeah. I see it all the time with two "l"s, and actually had it with two "l"s, and the board spellchecker didn't like that. So I looked at the heading of the tab that had the story, couldn't see for shit (I'm not kidding about needing new glasses...), thought it might have been just one, "corrected" and posted. And that was that.

So, if you think it's ok to make fun of old people with failing minds who don't see well, you've certainly met the right guy here. :g

Oh my God...really? :rolleyes:

Heaven's forbid we should misspell the idiot's name.

Edited by GoodSpeak

.and the the oz was having a fab time touring europe.

Ozzie Guillen ‏@OzzieGuillen

dinner in madrid yes we having good time, stanton, ricky and petey. cenando en madrid que bueno

---------------

5:30 PM: MLB Hall of Fame catcher Carlton Fisk was reportedly arrested for DUI in New Lenox, Illinois Monday morning after he was allegedly found asleep at the wheel of his truck in the middle of a corn field.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

5:30 PM: MLB Hall of Fame catcher Carlton Fisk was reportedly arrested for DUI in New Lenox, Illinois Monday morning after he was allegedly found asleep at the wheel of his truck in the middle of a corn field.

If you build it, they will drink it?

How in the world can a guy get popped for a DUI if he's parked and asleep?

I mean, doesn't the "D" in DUI stand for "Driving"? :blink:

i drove down the RAILROAD tracks in the bay area about 50 years ago. somehow, i, and the vehicle, survived and escaped unscathed without the intervention of gendarmes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

==========================================

This is just too good, too natural. the white sox should put ozzie guillen in the broadcast booth with hawk harrelson. they'd kill each other in under three weeks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by alocispepraluger102

How in the world can a guy get popped for a DUI if he's parked and asleep?

I mean, doesn't the "D" in DUI stand for "Driving"? :blink:

In many (maybe most) states if the key is in the ignition (whether the engine is running) they'll get you for it. Once in a great while someone drunk gets into a car, puts the keys in the ignition but thinks the better of it and sleeps it off in the car. Because the keys are in the ignition and not in the pocket it can mean a headache if an officer finds the person this way.