Attention Hank Junkies ...

Eric

For the very first time, this session, which also features front line legends Donald Byrd and Herbie Hancock, will exist as a complete album courtesy of Music Matters!

On vinyl, yes - but for the first of the CD releases of these sessions on Blue Note Michael Cuscuna already kept the sessions intact. I always thought they sounded great in session order.

For the very first time, this session, which also features front line legends Donald Byrd and Herbie Hancock, will exist as a complete album courtesy of Music Matters!

On vinyl, yes - but for the first of the CD releases of these sessions on Blue Note Michael Cuscuna already kept the sessions intact. I always thought they sounded great in session order.

Can somebody remind me how these were released on CD the first time around. Were all 4(?) sessions released on four CD's? Or, rather, how many separate sessions were there? - and did each one see a separate CD issue back during the McMaster era?

The only one I still have is the "No Room for Squares" with the complete session that Andrew Hill is on -- but in retrospect, I kinda wish I had all of the 'session'-centric issues of this material.

Can somebody remind me how these were released on CD the first time around. Were all 4(?) sessions released on four CD's? Or, rather, how many separate sessions were there? - and did each one see a separate CD issue back during the McMaster era?

The only one I still have is the "No Room for Squares" with the complete session that Andrew Hill is on -- but in retrospect, I kinda wish I had all of the 'session'-centric issues of this material.

No Room For Squares - Morgan/Hill - 8 tracks

The Turnaround - Hubbard/Harris - 6 tracks

Straight No Filter - Byrd/Hancock - 6 tracks PLUS Morgan/Tyner - 3 tracks

No Room For Squares - Morgan/Hill - 8 tracks

The Turnaround - Hubbard/Harris - 6 tracks

Straight No Filter - Byrd/Hancock - 6 tracks PLUS Morgan/Tyner - 3 tracks

Thanks Chuck. I'll have to look those sessions up when I'm back home tonight (I do own a copy of of the Cuscuna/Ruppli "The BN Label" book).

I thought it was four complete 'album-length' sessions they mixed up, but I guess the Morgan/Tyner one wasn't as productive.