Opinions on "Sunday Mornin'"

undergroundagent

I think this is a great session. Maybe not quite "top-5" great, but a very solid date, to my ears. The Conn has an extra tune not found on the TOCJ, so go for the Conn if you have a choice (in my opinion).

:tup:tup

I agree with Rooster on this one. Not in my Grant Green top five, but still a very good session and as someone has already said, it is nice to hear him in another setting.

I've never heard Sunday Mornin', but I would like to see a Grant Green top-five list from those that have mentioned the notion.

impossible,

Plenty of room for disagreement on this one but my personal favorites would probably go like this:

Quartets with Sonny Clark

Idle Moments

Solid

Matador

Green Street

There are more and on any given day one could easily find itself substituted for one of those above. I like a number of his sessions but when pressed I would have to go with those listed above, not in any order.

<_< B) <_<:g

I managed to find time to give this one a paly at last. A really nice solid session. There is so much consistent Green from this period I find it hard to name a favourite. But this one wont disappoint. The beer(?) bottle rolling across the floor during "God Bless The Child" is a nice touch.