country artist george jones is dead

alocispepraluger102

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130426/TUNEIN/130426004/George-Jones-dies-age-81?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

"“The King of Broken Hearts” just broke many more.

Country Music Hall of Famer George Jones, a master of sad country ballads whose voice held the bracing power, the sweetness and the burn of an evening’s final pull from a bourbon bottle, has died after an illness that hospitalized him since April 18.

He was 81, and was often called the greatest male vocalist in country music history.

“He is the spirit of country music, plain and simple,” wrote country scholar Nick Tosches."

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Suspend your disbelief about how records are made and pretend this reflected a real-time meeting of the souls...

A comment allegedly from Ron Dunbar, co-composer of "Patches"

Every time I her it, I'm reminded of the day we wrote it. General had a love song called "I'm depending on you" I said that was to typical we needed something with more substance. , since you are from the south, lets make it a emotional life situation.

Ron Dunbar aka stilkickn

Let's make it an emotional life situation...

Edited by JSngry

Part of me wants to say that in a more perfect world, George Jones & James Carr would have done each other's songs, but then it dawns on me that a world in which both George Jones and James Carr made records at all is already more perfect than one in which they didn't.