Congratulations UKers. Your Future Son and Heir Has Been Born

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically couldn't give a rat's arse but my guess is that he will be named James, George or Edward, with an outside chance of Richard.

I would say there's not much chance of the royals breaking the pattern of traditional king's names.

Edited by kinuta

Basically couldn't give a rat's arse but my guess is that he will be named James, George or Edward, with an outside chance of Richard.

I would say there's not much chance of the royals breaking the pattern of traditional king's names.

I don't think it matters what they call him. Prince Charles has stated that he'd be George VII.

So let him be Wilfred. Or Osama. Or Elizabeth.

:g

MG

I don't think it matters what they call him. Prince Charles has stated that he'd be George VII.

So let him be Wilfred. Or Osama. Or Elizabeth.

:g

MG

I like it. King Elizabeth.

The first cross dressing trans-gender King.......errr......ummmmm...........Queen.

Edited by freelancer

Save the congratulations, Freelancer. The poor old UK taxpayer is paying for too many royals already. :(

Well in the age of Celebrity TV and the glorification of everything shallow and useless, the Royals have managed to re-invent themselves. Somehow they've come up smelling of roses again. A perfect fit for the times. England and the rest of the world are in love with them. They even make the headlines in the States if I'm not mistaken.

I can't imagine a time now where the buggers aren't around.

Edited by freelancer

No way it's going to be Richard. Without Richard III being killed....Elizabeth II wouldn't have ended up on the throne. You would think they would avoid George. All the Georges (including her father) were from the German part of the family. They wouldn't be Windsors if her Great-Grandfather didn't change the name of the house from Sax-Coburg & Gotha during WWI. The first George couldn't even speak English until much latter in his reign. The first two were not even born in England.

I understand why it's so important to many in the UK/Commonwealth....why people in the US care so much?....tried to watch the news yesterday and it's all they were talking about.

13256_570552812988003_1874266373_n.jpg

Edited by Blue Train

My only hope is that by the time he reaches the throne this country will have come to its senses and there won't be a throne to occupy. He can then call himself 'King' and swan around the Med like the the Kings of Greece and Yugoslavia do as an embodiment of an outmoded institution of privilege and inequality.

Edited by mjazzg

My only hope is that by the time he reaches the throne this country will have come to its senses and there won't be a throne to occupy. He can then call himself 'King' and swan around the Med like the the Kings of Greece and Yugoslavia do as an embodiment of an outmoded institution of privilege and equality.

Spoken like a true Scotsman.

My only hope is that by the time he reaches the throne this country will have come to its senses and there won't be a throne to occupy. He can then call himself 'King' and swan around the Med like the the Kings of Greece and Yugoslavia do as an embodiment of an outmoded institution of privilege and equality.

Spoken like a true Scotsman.

If only. At least that would give me a chance to vote for independence

Just turned BBC news on to be met with endless whittering about when they are going to leave the hospital.

"So what will happen next?"

"We'll, they'll come out the door, down the steps and get into a waiting car."

Cutting edge journalism from the lefty BBC.

I've pulled the plug out of the TV for the rest of the week. All the decent scheduled programmes are getting sidelined.. :angry:

Prince Asbo has a certain ring to it.

Just turned BBC news on to be met with endless whittering about when they are going to leave the hospital.

"So what will happen next?"

"We'll, they'll come out the door, down the steps and get into a waiting car."

Cutting edge journalism from the lefty BBC.

I've pulled the plug out of the TV for the rest of the week. All the decent scheduled programmes are getting sidelined.. :angry:

Prince Asbo has a certain ring to it.

I thought Harry'd already got one of those.