Alan Rickman - R.I.P.

Shawn

One of my favorite character actors has passed away, another artist taken too soon.  Rickman was the type of actor who could elevate any material you put him in.  By sheer personality he took an underwritten villain role in Die Hard (his first major feature) and made it one of the most memorable in screen history.  I'm really saddened by his loss.  

He was 69.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

He was one of those actors that made every character he played memorable... like Hans in "Die Hard", Professor Snape in the Harry Potter movies, Alexander Dane (Dr. Lazarus) in "Galaxy Quest" and Elliot Marston, the evil ranch owner in "Quigley Down Under". When you think back to these movies, Rickman's characters are often one of the first ones you think of.

I confused this name with Alan Rachins, the guy who played Douglas Brackman on LA Law...turned it into "Alan Brackman" and then into "Alan Rickman"...one of those totally logical but totally incorrect brain farts about names that occur when you know a bunch of names but not that much about the people who have them.

Anyway, RIP Alan Rickman, whose death will not be the determining factor in a possible LA Law reunion show, silver lining and all that, come back Susan Dey!