Return Of The Film Corner Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MV5BZDRmOTE4MjUtYThlMC00MzNlLTkzZDAtOWY3

One of more continuously misanthropic motion pictures I've seen in quite a while. But good lord, that Helen Walker was slinky-sexy as hell!

Trivia note - somebody sings Duke Ellington/Don George's "Every Hour On The Hour".

and who was ann Jenkins?

Ann-Jenkins-boogie-woogie-piano-player.j

Image result for betamax logo

Yea dog!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm all set up!   Just waiting for the tape to arrive.  I'm really not going to start collecting.  Ok maybe Asia in Asia I'll pick up, and of course the little mermaid which is the most valuable betamax, or maybe tom cruise mission impossible....the LAST us betamax...but im not starting to collect.....i found a rare david crosby video that has zero mention on the internet and its betamax only.  weird thing is this video isnt mentioned in any trading lists or any csn pages or anything ive never seen on the net besides the ebay ad i bought it from.  

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Image result for sanyo betacord 3900

(lcd is broken on mine, which should not affect transport of the tape....

On 3/27/2018 at 8:43 PM, jlhoots said:

Mine too.

Finally got here and I went. Greatly enjoyed, but laughter was muted by the historical # of underlying deaths. Should probably watch again when it comes out on video to catch more details.  For instance, I totally missed that the concert pianist was Maria Yudina!

Agreed that the Zhukov character was most hilarious (I thought of reading his biography a few years ago, but never got around to it). Among minor characters, Paddy Considine as the radio executive Andreyev. Surprised at the utter ineffectuality of Malenkov, and will have to read some history to decide how much was artistic license.

Edited by T.D.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:23 AM, T.D. said:

Finally got here and I went. Greatly enjoyed, but laughter was muted by the historical # of underlying deaths. Should probably watch again when it comes out on video to catch more details.  For instance, I totally missed that the concert pianist was Maria Yudina!

Agreed that the Zhukov character was most hilarious (I thought of reading his biography a few years ago, but never got around to it). Among minor characters, Paddy Considine as the radio executive Andreyev. Surprised at the utter ineffectuality of Malenkov, and will have to read some history to decide how much was artistic license.

I loved Tambor's fun with Malenkov, but everything I've read indicates that he wasn't nearly the doofus he's painted to be. He DID undermine Zhukov, and the general joined with Khrushchev to get him out of power in '55, but he had handled some pretty important things in the Soviet Union, and most who met him were fairly impressed. In the event, he outlived all of them, dying at age 86 in 1988.