Happy birthday Big Al...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many many MANY thanks, you guys. Y'know, it's kinda bittersweet, looking at this thread from the first page to now.... eight years since the last post! That's a long time to be in contact with anyone, and I'm grateful that some of you I've actually met face-to-face, some of I've had the pleasure of hearing live, and ONE that I actually had the honor of playing bass with!!!

Some folks who posted the first time around posted again this time around; some folks from the first time around have disappeared altogether; at least one has stopped talking to me altogether for reasons I may never know.... so goes life, I guess. It just makes me that much more grateful for you all who posted today. Thank you, truly and deeply! :)

And, thankfully, unlike the birthday of eight years ago, this has been the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!! I can't remember why that day was lousy back then, but I sure hope I can remember why this day rocked eight years from now! :party::party::party:

It is kind of weird to think about how long a lot of us have "known" each other. I first tied into the BNBB in search of Japanese Blue Notes. I "met" Lon and Kevin first, and then a whole bunch of other great guys..even Dan, who at the time, was going under the pen name, Gene Harris Fanatic. Some of those guys are still here and some aren't. That has to have been at least 10-12 years ago. But, I digress. Big Al...hope y'all had a good one.

Many many MANY thanks, you guys. Y'know, it's kinda bittersweet, looking at this thread from the first page to now.... eight years since the last post! That's a long time to be in contact with anyone, and I'm grateful that some of you I've actually met face-to-face, some of I've had the pleasure of hearing live, and ONE that I actually had the honor of playing bass with!!!

Some folks who posted the first time around posted again this time around; some folks from the first time around have disappeared altogether; at least one has stopped talking to me altogether for reasons I may never know.... so goes life, I guess. It just makes me that much more grateful for you all who posted today. Thank you, truly and deeply! :)

And, thankfully, unlike the birthday of eight years ago, this has been the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!! I can't remember why that day was lousy back then, but I sure hope I can remember why this day rocked eight years from now! :party::party::party:

I'm so glad that you had a great birthday!! I was glad to wish you a happy birthday eight years ago and I'm really glad that I had a chance to send my greetings this year. I'm grateful that you're my friend, Big Al!

I'm with Dave that it's weird that we've known each other for so long through these boards. It's weird to think that I was still in my 20's when I visited the old BNBB and now I'm in my 40's. I think I'm having a midlife crisis because I've been thinking a lot about how quickly the time has gone by. lol

:rhappy:

I'm so glad that you had a great birthday!! I was glad to wish you a happy birthday eight years ago and I'm really glad that I had a chance to send my greetings this year. I'm grateful that you're my friend, Big Al!

I'm with Dave that it's weird that we've known each other for so long through these boards. It's weird to think that I was still in my 20's when I visited the old BNBB and now I'm in my 40's. I think I'm having a midlife crisis because I've been thinking a lot about how quickly the time has gone by. lol

:rhappy:

Man, you hit the nail on the head there on both counts! VERY grateful to have you back here and, even more importantly, that I get to count you as one of my friends! Your PM from a few days ago was an inspiration to read, to say the least, and is partly the reason for my delay in responding: I'm still trying to find a fitting way to say "thanks!" :)

And I REALLY know what you mean about time. We must be close to the same age, because your story reads exactly like mine! What kind of car are you gonna get for your midlife crisis? I might just go for a Caddy for Daddy! (boo! hiss!) :lol:

Man, you hit the nail on the head there on both counts! VERY grateful to have you back here and, even more importantly, that I get to count you as one of my friends! Your PM from a few days ago was an inspiration to read, to say the least, and is partly the reason for my delay in responding: I'm still trying to find a fitting way to say "thanks!" :)

And I REALLY know what you mean about time. We must be close to the same age, because your story reads exactly like mine! What kind of car are you gonna get for your midlife crisis? I might just go for a Caddy for Daddy! (boo! hiss!) :lol:

Thanks Big Al! I'm really grateful to be back here too and I appreciate that you count me as a friend!

I'm glad that you understand the whole midlife crisis thing. If I had the cash, I'd love a Caddy myself. I watch Top Gear and read car magazines all the time and lust after the amazing vehicles being made today. Unfortunately, I'm closer to living in my car than buying a new one. lol

It's funny, eight years ago, I was on the top of the world. Now, I've learned to count the blessings that I do have and I appreciate my family and friends more than ever.