So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

Primary

Back in the mid 70's I bought all of Tyner's releases and I was quite excited by this one.  Over the years, I gradually lost interest in him, though I still purchased the odd release.  But this one from 1975 still sounds good.  

Edited by John Tapscott

• Replies 80.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

’m glad I picked this one up back in the day. I haven’t heard it in a long time and I like it.

“Keith & Donna” Round Records LP

The Keith and Donna are the Godchaux, then Grateful Dead members. Jerry Garcia is on guitar all over this album. Keith and Jerry are a great combo.

e5de32710742d8361342afc24faf32f59138d156

Record 2

My OG copy of Miles Davis “Bitches Brew,” bought in '72 or so. Perhaps mirroring the respect I have had for this album all my adult life, though it has been played MANY times it still sounds great and plays very well without skip or scratch.

3 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

Primary

Back in the mid 70's I bought all of Tyner's releases and I was quite excited by this one.  Over the years, I gradually lost interest in him, though I still purchased the odd release.  But this one from 1975 still sounds good.  

Yes there was a hype also here. Growing out and standing out of Coltranes 4 his percussive piano style was something new.

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

ab67616d0000b27360fc87ca375ebfdb73eab613

The Rhythm Section aka Jaki Byard + Milt Hinton + Ben Riley as additional highlight ….

👍 😁

20 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

image.jpg

👍 😁

On 5/23/2024 at 5:12 AM, HutchFan said:

MTgtODgyOC5qcGVn.jpeg

Yeah.

😁 💗 👍

5 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

Primary

👍 - as LP on my shelf!

4 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Record 2

My OG copy of Miles Davis “Bitches Brew,” bought in '72 or so. Perhaps mirroring the respect I have had for this album all my adult life, though it has been played MANY times it still sounds great and plays very well without skip or scratch.

👍 - same here ...