• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

51SAK0JJPXL.jpg

I have this one. What impressed me most was the live set from Boston, the rest is a bit uneven. If I remember right there is one private track where someone took the drum chair who is not a drummer and it sounds terrible. 
But there is also a short broadcast where Buddy Rich (who is great but not necessarly my favourite) plays some superb brushes behind Eager.....

Starting off the day with Pops. His positive vibe is always welcome. You Know Who's vocals are so well-recorded here. . . and everyone is dishing it out.

“Louis Armstrong & His All Stars En Concert Olympia 24 April 1962” Europe 1 cd

10fee862db292596b0f8aedcf29a27813a4e1af5
Edited by jazzbo

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Gordon Beck Quintet "Five" (MPS Records) 1980 .... there are rumours  that Tony Oxley has died ....

Yes, I'm seeing those too. Someone has update his Wikipedia page with yesterday as day of death.

Let's hope it's wrong. A total giant of the music

6 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Cool. New reissue LPs are too expensive for me.

The original Liberty LP was always pretty elusive and often with clipped corner sleeve. This new LP probably trounces it on sonics and the sleeve plus inner photos (Mosaic's old collection being put to good use) makes it definitive- at least in terms of LP issue. The Japanese CD would be great too.

2 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

I'm predominantly a cd person. . . I do listen to LPs but don't buy many new at all, mostly used and really cheap. . . and about 1 percent of my collection and purchases.

I go for both but preference for LP if it is a good issue due to spec of the deck. Both formats are great.

On 12/23/2023 at 10:49 AM, kh1958 said:

Jimi Hendrix and Band of Gypsies, Songs for Groovy Childrenimage.jpeg.01aed72b914fa39177bdc66179dabab8.jpeg

On disc four of this. For me, this is the best Hendrix set ever released. His best band (Band of Gypsies) in four concerts on two consecutive days, awesome guitar, and great sonics.