Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Ok, that does it. After decades of getting by with some Decca LPs and other sorts of partial gap-fillers, I finally went ahead and got this. Wanting to hear more of the early Braud/Greer hookup and this seems like this is gonna be it for this subset of same. 

It's a gotta have set and (I think) not duplicated by the RCA or Mosaic sets. 

5 hours ago, BeBop said:

I spend most of my time off-the-grid: no internet, no electricity.  But I'm on my annual trip to on-the-grid Malaysia.  So what have I got?  No LPs, no CDs, no Spotify (does that still exist?).  Nope, from this computer,  I can access the couple-dozen MP3 files I own.  Organissimo Christmas music and downloads of albums "bought" (?) through Kickstartr.    

Do you mean that all of  Malaysia is off the grid or just where you are?  ( I ask because my son-in-law's parents have moved to an island off Malaysia and even they have internet-- though I don't know about Spotify. 

23 minutes ago, medjuck said:

It's a gotta have set and (I think) not duplicated by the RCA or Mosaic sets. 

Exactly. Somebody legit might get to it at some point, but with the Ellington In Order thing going on and transforming that part of the ouvre to the streaming realm, my hunch is that this is going to be it for the foreseeable future as far as hard copy. 

Candy Dulfer – For The Love Of YouR-6816323-1555978997-4306.jpg.5fee23f04c8f21607a4883f1684780d7.jpg

Accidental listen. I thought it was a late period Hans Dulfer record (of Candy Clouds fame) with ironic cover, puns on "saxy" (plausible) and smooth jazz sound. Turns out it is Hans Dulfer's daughter (makes sense). Anyway, I really don't mind smooth jazz or pop jazz, but this is a good album to avoid.

Starting the day off with some great vibes from Cal Tjader.

Cal Tjader “Catch The Groove (Live At The Penthouse 1963-1967)” Jazz Detective 2 cd set, disc 2

9ebfa3bd5d4889965aaac1c4c55a8233f24df243

Followed by some great performances by Kenny Burrell at Catalina’s.

Kenny Burrell “Special Requests (and other Favorites)” High Note cd

0c82ac658f7a705cf3beaccda5ef17acc2cdb11d

4 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Candy Dulfer – For The Love Of You

Accidental listen. I thought it was a late period Hans Dulfer record (of Candy Clouds fame) with ironic cover, puns on "saxy" (plausible) and smooth jazz sound. Turns out it is Hans Dulfer's daughter (makes sense). Anyway, I really don't mind smooth jazz or pop jazz, but this is a good album to avoid.

This was a “hit” of the late 80s - “candy” is correct.