So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

8 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

I think I picked him up as a reference in that Soejima book. He was part of the second generation of free jazz types. 

Solo saxophone and the EP comparison is clear, but there are significant differences in style. 

It is on YouTube I think. 

Now on:

Sil Austin - Red Prysock – Battle Royal!

R-14762097-1581099608-8710.jpg

Thanks

• Replies 79.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, jazzbo said:
Miles Davis "Volume 1" Blue Note Japan 85th Anniversary UHQCD
Includes 3 alternates.

Primary

I like those two BN albums Miles made, though they may not be his most representative albums.

I think I remember the first volume has mostly Dizzy associated bop themes, and the second has Horace Silver on it.

My wife did like very much the track "Weirdo" , that kind of super cool blues. She said it sounds like a soundtrack for one of those old, really old policefilms series in black and white..... 

16 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

71zB8dXzDnL._SX522_.jpg

and that has led me to play

51azeCisbRL.jpg

I think I have the first one and I had bought it when I was still almost a kid. It was a good model for me to learn to play solo piano, I think I played some of those if I had to play solo, maybe a last encore, something like that Eddie Heywood arrangement of "Begin the Beguine". Stuff like that goes very well for a last tune in the small hours, just for some friends who still are in the venue....

Prompted by the news that this landmark is being reissued in the Tone Poet series:

81lmfzLe-ML._SX599_.jpg

I have the two-CD set, and I've made a six-song playlist that mirrors the original LP's sequencing.  IMO, hearing the music this way works better than listening to the tunes in chronological order (as on the CDs).  Gotta respect the integrity of the album!  . . .  Well, you don't have to.  But I like to.  ;) 

35 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

MTYtNjk2NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Bobby Hutcherson featuring Harold Land - San Francisco (Blue Note, 1971)

:D 👍

3 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Prompted by the news that this landmark is being reissued in the Tone Poet series:

81lmfzLe-ML._SX599_.jpg

I have the two-CD set, and I've made a six-song playlist that mirrors the original LP's sequencing.  IMO, hearing the music this way works better than listening to the tunes in chronological order (as on the CDs).  Gotta respect the integrity of the album!  . . .  Well, you don't have to.  But I like to.  ;) 

👍 :D

Really a landmark Item but for me NOT at those Tone Poem prices + postage. My Blue Notes will do.

6 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

6 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Primary

Superbe album!

Edited by jazzcorner