Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

Do yourself a favour and listen to this album and listen again. Classic tracks on this album. His voice strongly reminds to those of Robert Wyatt, David Bowie and also Robert McCartny what is a good sign. He worked for several years together with the ex-drummer of talk talk (Lee Harris) and others on this well-produced album.

kjkjkjkj.jpg

I know of another Rustin Man (or is it the same?) who did a great recording with Beth Gibbons, exsinger of Portishead, around the start of the 2000s.

On 1.5.2020 at 10:06 AM, sidewinder said:

Not sure if the first Blakey group I saw had Ponomarev or Bill Hardman on trumpet but otherwise the lineup was the same. Bobby Watson very much featured as Musical Director. 

I need to get hold of vinyls of those Concords and kicking myself for passing in the past !

R-1843988-1247311110.jpeg.jpg

Yes, Bobby Watson was the musical director. I unfortunately didn´t see the group with David Schnitter whom I like very much, when I saw them, Schnitter was replaced by Billy Pierce, also very fine, and on bass, Dennis Irwin was replaced by Charles Fambrough who was former with McCoy Tyner.