• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, dougcrates said:

My02OTI5LmpwZWc.jpeg

One of my favourite McLean records, oh yeah, Woody Shaw , "Sweet Love of Mine" , and that sound, that´s the quintessence of my estetic feelings. Only the Music. The cover is more like a Miles Davis 70´s ear cover. I like the face of the woman, that´s my kind of type, those faces that look a bit like a Raffael Madonna......

But back to the music !

One of the best things of the late 60´s . 

5 hours ago, dougcrates said:

OC00OTY3LnBuZw.jpeg

Oh boy I love this ! All love for Pharoah Sanders ! 

I´m so happy he was long enough around. Since I had "Live at the East" when I was in my early teens, Pharoah became a favourite of mine. I didn´t grow up with more polished mainstream, I grew up with music like that..... , and Jackie McLean and Dolphy etc.....

Artifacts: Tomeka Reid, Nicole Mitchell, Mike Reed – …And Then There’s This (2022)R-22859174-1649800078-2468.jpg.d6d469ac89e3e8344a9478753691ea2d.jpg

Listening to this after seeing it posted upthread. A really good one. Exciting from the opening. I like the use of bass-like cello and percussion on many of the tunes.

Good to hear a bit of funk in the vanguard jazz world these days.

Edited by Rabshakeh

25 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Artifacts: Tomeka Reid, Nicole Mitchell, Mike Reed – …And Then There’s This (2022)R-22859174-1649800078-2468.jpg.d6d469ac89e3e8344a9478753691ea2d.jpg

Listening to this after seeing it posted upthread. A really good one. Exciting from the opening. I like the use of bass-like cello and percussion on many of the tunes.

Good to hear a bit of funk in the vanguard jazz world these days.

Their other one is just as good

Lakecia Benjamin – Phoenix

R-26515319-1689853815-2624.jpg.3efeeceba18f3f825da225ecc35641df.jpg

I like to keep up with what the kids are listening to, or what the companies are telling the kids to listen to (hard to tell).

This one is definitely better than the previous Coltrane tribute record. I'm not sure that it's so much better that I'd listen to it again, though. 

Great cover.

Edited by Rabshakeh